Ad-Aware Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Could someone tell me which scanning engine(s) the latest version of Ad-Aware Pro uses? I have heard it's either VIPRE or Bitdefender. Also, I see there is a firewall with this version. Is the firewall made by another company?

thanks

2. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

3. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

I've been running Ad-Aware Personal Security 11.2 (in-app update from 11.1 on June 4) for about four months on a Win7hpSP1x64 system. The Bitdefender engine (bdcore.dll) is v11.0.1.12 which was upgraded (from .8, I think) in May, the same day BD rolled it out. LS is really good about updates, especially a dozen or more def/sigs a day if you keep it at the default 1 hour update.

The in-house engine is, of course, Ad-Aware Anti-Virus.

Can't say if the firewall is still Agnitum. I trialed Pro for a couple of weeks before buying PS, not enough granularity in the settings tho I'm sure the defaults couldn't be any worse than most other allow-once-and-set/whitelist firewalls these days.

Cheers.

4. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Well, it's been a while since I've poked about in the Lavasoft directories and lo & behold I find a Firewall Engine directory folder (21 files, 2.93MB) with Bitdefender dlls and drivers. :thumb:

And no, it's not leftover from my Pro trial as I purged my system completely before installing Personal Security. For the simplicity of in-app upgrade purchases, I'd assume.

Cheers ditto.

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

OK thanks for the info. I like the programs that are more granular but may give this a try anyway.

6. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

FYI: Ad-Aware Pro BD FW libs and drivers are 7.0.0.x - same as in the current BDIS/TS 2015.

Thanks to member zapjb for the help in researching that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.