Active@ Disk Image

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by nikanthpromod, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Im using Active@ Disk image now. I created a backup few days ago. Today i tried to restore that backup to another external Hard disc. But during restoring steps it didnt show partitions of both hard discs and showed only two hard discs.After selecting hard disc it showed restoring will delete all partitions and data on that disc.
    I want to know ,is it possible to restore my backup to a partition other than Full hard disc??

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have a question. Are you using dynamic disks? If so then youy cannot restore Active @ Disk Images files to them because they are not yet supported. The result will be what you are describing. But more information would be nice. Are you sure you have partitioned the second disk?

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

2nd disc was not partitioned. But i have Partitions on my 1st main disc . I tried to restore that backup to 'F:' partition. But i couldnt find C,D,E,F of my 1st Hard disc.

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

If the 2nd disk was not partitioned then that means that's it RAW. There's nothing that can be done with that disk until you format it to a file system. Regarding Disk Image's inability to recognize the partitions on the first disk, verify that your disk are basic and not dynamic. As I said, Disk Image cannot restore to dynamic disks and will likely give an error like the one you encountered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.