Active@ Disk Image 5.6.2 Beta

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by treehouse786, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donaddams

donaddams Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up on the new build.

2. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Unfortunately the latest boot cd is still based on windows pe 3.1, which does not support secure boot.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Yeah, you're absolutely right. No change at all!

Why do developers say they are Win 8/8.1 w/Secure Boot ready? When they clearly aren't?

Sigh... I'll send in another support request.

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

this software is soooo slow in backup and restore , i wounder if anyone buy it above his 30 days trial :D

5. oliverjia

the fastest of all, considering similar compression, is Acronis and Terabytes. Clonezilla is pretty fast too.

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I haven't felt that Active@ is the slowest I've ever used. But it is true it's certainly not the fastest.

I agree that Terabyte Unlimited's stuff runs fast (for me IFL screams.) And Clonezilla is also speedy. (Haven't used TI in years. Don't ever plan to test it as it is the very definition of bloated software.)

7. donaddams

donaddams Registered Member

it's certainly not the slowest. but it excels in reliability in five years never a problem.

8. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Which compression level(High?) do you use?

9. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Got an answer from support.

They acknowledge it's still not Win 8/8.1 Secure Boot compatible for the boot/recovery CD. They are working on it. But no timeline.

Very, VERY, frustrating!!

10. oliverjia

why stick with a company that is so reluctant to cater its customers?
    IMO, whenever a company goes to this stage (not listening to its customers closely and not worried about losing customers), its products are going down, because if they don't care their customers, they wouldn't care their products. Once such example is Symantec System Recovery desktop edition. It used to be a very good and reliable one, but now some of the restored systems won't even boot. Read the horrible stories in their forums and you'll see the typical LAG of fixing issues and keeping on ignoring customers feedback/request.
    There are much better alternatives, Terabyte, Macrium, O&O and even Acronis all deserve much more love.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  11. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Acronis? ...you can't be serious! :rolleyes:

12. oliverjia

no I am serious. Other than being bloated, it works just fine and it is one of the earliest to support the lastest OS (secure boot). I only use a boot USB and don't install it on my main computer. So yes, it works pretty well for me. You see complaints about them on the internet all the time because its user base is huge - the two largest HDD OEM, WD and Seagate use Acronis in their backup and recovery tools: the Acronis True Image WD Edition and Seagate DiscWizard all use Acronis TI.

Acronis is a great tool if you know its strength and weakness, and the way you use it also matters. ATI itself is reliable and well tested.

13. andylau

Acronis' Linux bootdisk and WinPE bootdisk are not bloated. But its installed program is quite bloated.:D
    That's why I use its bootdisk only.:D :p

If users know Acronis' strength, they will like Acronis.

Beside, I am quite interested to hear why Demoneye says Active Disk Image is slow.:D

14. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

15. Gaddster

Gaddster Registered Member

True Image over the years has become an unstable bloated piece of crap (installed) but their Backup and Recovery 11.5 software (which no one ever mentions on here) is actually very decent and it did imaged and sucessfully restored those ipods (whilst True Image, Macrium Reflect, Active Disk Image, Drive Snapshot either failed or wanted to make a rediculous time consuming sector by sector image).

CloneZilla / Backup and Recovery 11.5 are my two favorite tools that just works.

16. andylau

It is because Acronis Backup and Recovery for Workstation 11.5 is quite expensive($75USD) comparing to TrueImage($49.99USD).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.