Acronis WinPE Builder Missing in Build 3633

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ARAUL, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

TI does NOT really create an image of a drive, this has been stated MANY times.

TI's choice to use *ix for the recovery media is the issue, other backup programs do not do this and allow the loading of any needed drivers during a recovery or when creating recovery media.

Other programs allow both "image" backup and restoration of files or an image, TI is not unique.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

SEMANTICS:rolleyes: We speak past each other.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't argue that it isn't insignificant but it isn't the area where Acronis is trying to be everything to everybody that's causing many support issues. The main problem is the product is to support XP, W98, ME and Linux and to support the out of OS experience Linux was chosen. Considering the range of OSs the product has to support it may well be the reasonable choice but as far as I can see it has a large associated support burden. Users having problems with an imaging program are not likely to speak kindly about it; look at the forums that rate software, it's either a real good or real bad comment, very little in-between.

The spooky competitor's latest version is for XP only, an older version for W98,ME and no mention of a Linux version that I can see.

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

There was nothing wrong with TI choosing to use *ix as the recovery mechanism, but surely, *ix has a means to load additional drivers.
    TI needs a means to update their recovery programs. Heck, just provide a library of downloadable drivers and a mechanism for including them on the rescue media.

The alternative is to have an OS dependent recovery that allows users to load whatever drivers they need.

5. lugnut

lugnut Registered Member

if this program (winpe builder) is not supposed to be in build 3633, how come after removing build 3625 by the add remove program then downloading build 3633 and installing it that its still there on my computer? I can't seem to get rid of it. Is it safe to leave as is or will it cause problems.. I've reinstalled build 3633 twice and it shows up in all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.