Acronis website insists on Adobe?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bellgamin, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

My browser is K-meleon. My PDF reader is Foxit. I download PDF stuff successfully all the time. For example, I just now downloaded & displayed the Casper Backup's user manual (pdf) flawlessly.

I tried to download the user manual for ATI from the Acronis website. Rather than downloading the pdf to my browser's default download file, the Acronis pdf file tried to display itself. Plus the Acronis file insisted on using Adobe. Furthermore, whatever the Acronis link was doing caused Adobe to crash because of "missing dict. object" -- whatever that means.

Is there a way to simply DOWNLOAD the Acronis TI user manual so I can use my own set-up to read it?

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Download is a function of your browser. I expect that your broser has a means of downloading, not opening, such files. Try right-clicking on the file.

I've previously poined out that Acronis creates the PDF using Acrobat 6 format, which causes a problen for many folkes, like you and moi, who are not, or cannot, use the acrobat 6 Reader. Acrobat distiller allows thge choice of PDF version used to create the PDF. Some companies seem to not understand this. In some cases, I've seen groups within th esame company do it right, whilst others did it wrong,

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I just opened the User Guide PDF using Firefox and Foxit PDF reader V1.3. I think Howard is correct about your browser.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It worked! I've always wondered what that dadgummed button was for.:gack:

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

As on Lost, you may need to push that button every 108 minutes or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.