Acronis vers 9 and 10 which is most stable?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wills, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I posted previously and received good responses to my questions. But still have queries re the vers 9 and 10/
    Here in northwest Canada, the only vers available is 9, and they say that 10 will not be out for awhile.

I have always had to go to a software tech to have him Ghost my notebook (toshiba xp, sp2) and it is getting costly as he tells me that I am not tech oriented and do I want to risk the contents of the notebook which i use for work by my frail tech experience to run the program and then i don't know how to install the b/u after a crash.

I never have had to fix a crash, i never have had one. i have good security and scan regularly and defrag.
    i want to be able to do an incremental b/u which the techie never wanted to do with Ghost for whatever reason he did not say.

Now what I really wanted to know is what is the benefit of waiting for vers 10 which the stores say is not available yet.
    Only vers 9.

I need an easy to understand b/u program that I can use myself and good simple instructions to follow.

Do i wait for vers 10 or is 9 fine for me?
    I would appreciate experienced advice from users, and as well does 10 fix a lot of bugs in vers 9o_O

Thankyou for your time.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Why not just buy V10 online from Acronis?

3. psteel

psteel Registered Member

Your tech guy just wants to keep the money coming in.

Create a rescue cd, boot from that and restore the image.

It is very 'windows like', so most people should be able to pick it up.

It is only a reverse of what you do to create the image.

That is select partition/disk to image, select another disk to image to, select a few options and press OK.

IMO ATI is fa esier to use than Ghost.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since you have asked these same questions in your ongoing thread found here that others have answered by the way....We ask that you continue with that thread and not create duplicate assistance\discussion threads Please. As such....this thread is closed.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.