Acronis True Image Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by _daemon_, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _daemon_

_daemon_ Registered Member

Hello I have a problem with Acronis True Image. I formatted my C drive and want to partially restore some files. I tried to create a partition in order to full restore the image, but the image will only restore to the C drive (my fresh formatted drive). I dont want to mount the image and explore it because i need to change some permissions first in order to be able to view some files.
    Any suggestions or additional software? Please reply asap, i need my 150GB back as soon as possible.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello daemon,

When attempting to restore to the non C: partition did you try just ticking the checkbox next to the C: partition (instead of the checkbox next to Disk 1) when selecting what to restore?

Regards

3. _daemon_

I installed the new version and this problem was fixed. However I got another problem:
    I want to restore my C drive and i have its image stored in my D drive (a sata drive). Because C is in use, acronis suggests to reboot. I reboot but acronis is unable to find my D drive! However if i click Add New Disk my D drive is listed as a dynamic drive. How can I make it visible through browsing in order to restore my C drive? Any suggestions? o_O
    Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello _daemon_,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try the workaround described in this post, the one that follows under the title "Problems with Acronis bootable rescue media or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager".

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. _daemon_

Hello, I've tried the "quiet acpi=off noapic" but still nothing.
    As I said, the disk is listed if i try to Add a Hard Disk (as a dynamic disk) but when I try to restore he is not listed.

6. Acronis Support

Hello _daemon_,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please do the following?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management by following Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management;

- Provide the exact text of the error message that you receive;

- Let us know when you receive this error message exactly;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Is your SATA drive listed as Dynamic in Disk Management? AFAIK, the linux recovery environment doesn't support dynamic disks. You would have to convert it to basic.

8. tommo123

tommo123 Registered Member

i came here to check on the same issue.

i grabbed the trial ver of true image to test. i have been using ghost for a while but have heard good things about acronis.

basically, i corrupted my C drive totally, thankfully i had acronis and ghost backups on my 2nd drive.

i tried the bootable cd that the true image software made for me. this wouldnt access the 2nd drive at all due to it being dynamic. oddly it let me access network drives and external usb drives??

my problem is, that my ghost image was a month older than my acronis image so i had to recover my c drive with ghost, then transfer the acronis image to another PC, then use the acronis recovery cd to access the files over the network.

is there anything else i could do apart from convert the drive?
    also, any chance of adding support for dynamic drives in the future?

9. Acronis Support

Hello tommo123,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that the only option is store your backups in a different place.

Please be aware that dynamic drives are already supported by server versions of Acronis True Image. However, there are still several restrictions on backing up\restoring them (see respective version User's Guide for further details). We do have plans to implement the full support for dynamic drives in the future versions of Acronis True Image Server for Windows and Acronis True Image Enterprise Server for Windows, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet. I'm afraid that we do not have plans to implement the support for dynamic drives neither in Acronis True Image Home nor in Acronis True Image Workstation.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.