Acronis True Image Personal V8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Makav3l1, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I recently installed this program from the giveaway on the acronis website. I have a raid 0 array with two 150gb raptors. I have 4 partitions on the hd's. I used the remaining free space and created the acronis security zone on the raid. I created an image of all the partitions minus the security zone and it worked fine. When I start my computer I run the startup program, that works fine. When I get into the program and try to restore the image I get an error that it can't find any hard drives. What am I supposed to do? When I load into windows and open ati to use the restore function it says I have to restart because the drive is in use (which is reasonable) except that it doesn't see the drives when it's not loaded into windows. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make the bootable Rescue CD and run the restore from it. Ver 8 is very old though and if those drives are Sata, I don't think they will be seen.

3. Makav3l1

How come it can see them after it boots into windows, but not before?

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Windows has the drivers to allow the drives to be seen. The Linux OS that the CD boots into (which is the same OS that the PC boots to after selecting a restore from within Windows) doesn't have the drivers needed and so cannot see the drives.

5. Makav3l1

If I make the bootable cd will it work or will the drivers still be a problem?

6. TheWeaz

AFAIK, the stock bootable CD will be no different that what happens when you do a reboot to start a restore. The Linux OS is the same. You can try and create a BartPE CD - instructions can be found on this forum, I just lack the time to find them for you.

7. Makav3l1

well then this program is pretty much useless

8. TheWeaz

Well, you are running old software on a new (technology-wise) system with new hardware ....
    Windows For Workgroups was a useable OS in its time, but I think you would have a problem running it on todays systems.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Makav3l1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that, as pointed by DwnNdrty and TheWeaz Acronis True Image 8 Personal is a very old version, and may lack necessary drivers for modern hardware when booted from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Notice that as you already own a previous version of Acronis True Image, you can purchase an upgrade installation package at reduced price (as compared to independent installation package).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I don't see a giveaway of TI 8 on the Acronis site.

Where did you find it?

It's a good version for older hardware and a very small number of SATA controller. For your system, it's not worth much as you have discovered.

11. redoak

redoak Registered Member

Has "TI-11" solved the potential/realized problem of recovering when the "image" is on a USB external hard drive?

{redoak}

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello redoak,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify, what exactly is the problem you mention?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.