Acronis True Image for Linux- Problems with backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by termineter, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. termineter

termineter Registered Member

Hello,

in the last week I'm testing Acronis True Image for Linux, because I've to find a solution to backup a Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server.
    The installation of the 15-day-evaluation version has finally done and everything works fine. As we'll have to backup and restore to a FTP-Drive (in the test environment a NAS- ALLNET6200) we have some problems with the testings:

- First we choose the type of image
    -> Selection: Contains of hard disk or selected Partition

Test 1:
    - Then we choose the partition
    -> if we choose the boot-partition (HDA1) everything is ok. The boot-partition has approx. 16 MB, and after normal compression we got an backup of approx. 6MB on the FTP-Space
    -> When we choose the system-partition (HDA2) for backup there occure problems. The NAS has approx. 80GB of free FTP-Space. It's formatted with EXT3-Filesystem. Under Backup-Options we choose "Max. Compression, and a fix DVD-size for each part of the backup. Now I'm wondering about some things:
    True Image writes only 2,3 GB backup-parts. Not 4,7GB (as I've set in options).
    - The system-partiton of the Red Hat-System has a used size of approx. 6,3GB with filesystem Ext3.
    The whole harddisk has 120GB of space.

After we selected compression max. the image should take 54GB of FTP-Space on the destination (information in preview-windows).
    ... But the image-activity stops after several hours because the 80GB FTP-space is too small.

It seems to me as Acronis will Image bit by by to the FTP-Space, and there is no compression, evn I've set this in the options-menu. Where is my error in reasoning?

Test 2:
    As the first test failed, I've done another test.
    I choose not the whole partition HDA1 or HDA2, but choose the specific VolGroup-LogGroup (Dynamic- and GPT-Volumes) entries to image.
    There I choose only VolGroup00-LogVol00 which is the system with 6,3GB and "FileSystem" Ext3 and also VolGroup00-LogVol01/pdc-xyz1 /boot with 15MB als "FileSystem" Ext3.
    I ignored the entries pdc-xyz with 114,5GB without any type of FileSystem-Description.

I thought, that this is the possibility to image only the "used space".

In the end this second test fails with another reason:
    An error-message appears "E00070021: Can't access VolGroup00-Log00, because it's used from active applications or some sectors are damaged.

As I've got a german version, I've to translate the menues and messages, so I'm sorry, when there are some mistakes...

I hope someone can help me to get this problem fixed?!
    Thanks !

Regards,
    Sebastian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.