Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by megalomaniac_uk, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megalomaniac_uk

megalomaniac_uk Registered Member

Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server sounds fantastic, if all the advertising blurb is to be believed: https://www.acronis.co.uk/enterprise/products/ATIES/. The only problem is, we've had Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server now since the start of September, and it has still not managed to actually work.

Not a problem you'd think, an enterprise solution such as this will have pages and pages of detailed documentation which should shed some light on the situation. Alas, the documentation seems to be extremely basic and virtually non-existent for anything other than Windows. But this too should not be an issue as an enterprise solution such as this will have a dedicated and speedy support team that will sort it out in no time. Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case either; we’ve sent numerous support requests, which have yet to receive a response or even an acknowledgement of receipt.

During the time it’s taken for Acronis support to not respond we’ve actually managed to solve several issues on our own, and yet we’re still unable to actually use the software for anything. The current issue being that we’re unable to connect to the server on which the Acronis Agent resides via the Management Console.

Does this sort of thing happen a lot or are we just unlucky?

I find it incredibly ironic, as we actually chose Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server in order to avoid these sorts of issues……:blink:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello megalomaniac_uk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8163) of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please don't forget to update all installed components, as they need to be the same build in order to interact properly.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Could you please also describe the problem with connecting in some more details? Is there any error message? What operating systems are Acronis Management Console and Acronis Agent installed on?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. megalomaniac_uk

I make that almost three weeks we waited for a response to this post, and much longer that we have been waiting (and are still waiting) for a response to our numerous support requests......

That is simply not good enough for an "entersprise" solution. I am afraid your lack of service has cost you a customer. We shall not be using any Acronis products any longer, in fact we shall be returning the software in question along with a strongly worded complaint.

Is it too much to expect to recieve a service that you have paid for?

4. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

It would have helped your company if you had used the trial version first before investing on the product. All of the clients I've been to always without an exception wanted to test out the software on their actual machines; from small and medium enterprises to big enterprises all wanted a proof of concept before they invested.

Page 17 of the ATI-ES User Guide:
    And if it is a Linux system; log in using the root account. And also make sure that the agent is running properly.

5. megalomaniac_uk

Thanks, but because of the policies in place here we can't use trial versions and after much research Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server sounded like exactly what we needed.

The firewall's not the problem, we rtfm :cool:. The ports are open, plus the licence server picks up the agent just fine.

The agent reports as running fine.

But that's a moot point anyway, even if it did work the level of service displayed by Acronis is appalling!

6. kurtmichels

kurtmichels Registered Member

Dear,

I encounter the same problem as you have...
    Tried to contact Acronis Support : Njet !
    Did you find an solution ?

Thanks in advance
    Kurt

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

Please check your PM and let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.