Acronis True Image destroys Intel ICH9R (maybe 8R and 10R too) Raid 1 (0 not testetd)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wedok, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedok

Wedok Registered Member

Hello,

i have used 2x ICH9R Mainboards (ABIT IP35 Pro and Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4)

On both Motherboards Intel ICH9R Raid 1 Systems are displayed as "Degraded" or "Offline Member" after using Acronis True Image 10.0 (Seagate Disc Wizard)

3 times it happened direct after using Acronis True Image. 2 times it happend several Reboots later. 1 time it happened on a Cold Boot one Day later.

Here is a FAQ thread in the official German Gigabyte User Forum of an other User who also describes the Problem. He also mentio
    http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=show&forum=1&show=5092&start=0#1

Both Hard Disks (Seagate ST3250620NS) are fully functional and on an Intel ICH5R. i never had problems together with Acronis.

I want to know if Acronis knows about the Problem and if it is 100% fixed in newer Versions.

I don't want to buy it and then recognize that the Problem is still there.

Thank you.

i googled a lil bit i found this thread which says that it has something to do with linux.

http://osdir.com/ml/linux.ataraid/2007-10/msg00000.html

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Wedok,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

We do not expect any problems using latest versions of Acronis True Image with ICH9R RAID controllers.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.