Acronis True image backup doesn't work on HP Tablet

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rajeevsharma8888, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajeevsharma8888

rajeevsharma8888 Registered Member

Re: A few questions

Acronis True image backup doesn't work on HP Tablet:

Hi,
    I hv been using Acronis True image (workstation edition) v9.1 backup on Desktop for a year.
    it's a bootable CD, that creates backup file on another partition !

but recently i tried the cd on HP Tablet, it loads, i select the partition, and folder for the backup file but after the backup process starts, it hangs ,i don't know what's the problem ?

is it like laptop's are not supported !

update:
    Ran chkdsk, no problems detected !
    burned another backup cd (i still have the acronis iso),
    but it still hangs, when just the backup process starts ! maybe hp is preventing the backup ! with some code !

2. rajeevsharma8888

Re: A few questions

I don't know what's making the laptop hang !

can anybody solve the mess !

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The TI rescue CD that you are booting is Linux and it likely doesn't have the proper drivers for your HP.

Download the trial version of TI2009 and see if it works. TI9 is pretty old by computer measurement.

4. rajeevsharma8888

I agree it's old,
    and if it does not have drivers for HP laptop, then it wouldn't have run in the first place.

whereas,
    it loads, i select the partition to copy > select the 2nd partition where, "image file" should be stored >click "Proceed" for backup > it FREEZES !

do you think something else is wrong with this !

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You can try the command listed under II of this thread which talks about problems with Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (the CD):

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

Inadequate Linux drivers in the rescue media are a fairly common issue with Acronis particularly for newer hardware. TI may be using a generic driver that loads up but has limited functionality with some hardware.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rajeevsharma8888,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat describe the issue and we will provide you the latest ISO image of Acronis bootable disc for your version of Acronis software.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.