Acronis True Image and Vista boot loader

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blacknight, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

In my pc I have XP Pro SP3 in the first partition, active, and Vista Business SP1 in the second partition, naturally with Vista boat loader. I would like to know if there is some know problem between Acronis Secure Zone and Vista boat loader.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Re: Acronis True Image and Vista boat lader

There shouldn't be. Are you having a problem? If so, could you describe what is happening?

If you are dual-booting the "Microsoft Way" by installing XP first and Vista second then Vista's boot files are located in the Active partition. In your case they would be in your XP partition.

3. blacknight

Re: Acronis True Image and Vista boat lader

Yes, so is. My answer is only because some days ago I resized my partitions in the HD, also the active partition, and I had some problems after the reboot.
    So I ask BEFORE if there are know problems between Acronis Secure Zone and Vista boat loader to avoid to have any other problems. Its' only precautionary.
    ;)

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Understand. When you resized the Active partition, if you moved its starting sector then it would have required a repair to the Vista boot loader. When you add the Acronis Secure Zone (ASZ) take space from one of your other partitions, preferably the last one, so that it is located at the end of the drive. This should have no effect on the XP (first) partition, or the Vista boot loader.

5. blacknight

True... I made it in fact. After. :D

My concern was about the Vista boot loader, but I yet created Acronis Zone and it's all right. Thanks.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.