Acronis True Image Admin problem

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Paulalotolearn, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulalotolearn

Paulalotolearn Registered Member

Ive recently bought and installed Acronis True Image Home 2010 and Im having a problem opening it as a limited user. Its saying I dont have enough privileges.
    This is a standalone PC running XP.
    I have an Admin account which I dont use for general use as Microsoft suggest. I just log into my limited account. I dont have this problem with any other programs.
    When I installed the software it asked me if i wanted all users to have access so I said yes.
    Now when I try to open Acronis it says I dont have enough privileges.
    The only way to open it in the limited account is to right click and run as...and choose the Admin account which is a pain because this has also meant that Ive had to put a password on the admin account otherwise it wont accept it.
    Is this normal. Some sort of security system for protecting the backup system? Is there an easy way around it. Thanks for any help.

2. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

It's been many years since I left XP and moved on.. If I remember, I believe that if you right click the icon you are using to launch it, there should be an option to run as administrator, which I think allows you to enter the details in and then save them.

Another option may be in the security tab changing the permissions for the limited account on the TrueImage.exe located in your programme folder to full.

These hopefully may help.

3. Mem

Mem Registered Member

For XP you have to use "Run as administrator" or be in a administrator account. For Vista/Win 7 the UAC pops up and you put in the admin account credentials or use an admin account.

This is required because the files in use by the OS must be 'unlocked' to properly snapshot the drive for backup and this step is not allowed as a limited user.

4. Paulalotolearn

Paulalotolearn Registered Member

Thanks for taking the time guys.
    I had a feeling it was a security issue. Just have to run as admin.
    thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.