Acronis True Image 9 Can't See My Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mawsoccer, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mawsoccer

mawsoccer Registered Member

I have been using Acronis TI9 on my old computer for a couple years without any problems. On that computer I have an Asus P4S800 Motherboard, 1 IDE Hard Drive, and 1 IDE DVD/CD Drive. Everything works fine on that one. I think that might be because it has 2 IDE Cable Slots on the Motherboard, so the IDE Drives aren't on the same cable.

Anyway, I tried restoring on my new computer the other day (Asus P5B Deluxe Motherboard, and an IDE Hard Drive and CD/DVD Drive on the same IDE Cable because my motherboard only has one IDE Cable slot). I set my my motherboard to boot from the CD Drive with my Acronis CD in it as usual, and loaded the Full Version of Acronis TI 9. When I selected to restore a backup, it asked me to select where I was restoring the image from and I selected my External HD.

But then I noticed it didn't see my internal drive, so how was I supposed to restore when I wouldn't load my Internal drive?

I tried a bunch of things in an attempt to get it to see my internal drive including disconnecting the IDE Cable from my CD Drive after Acronis had loaded and a changing a bunch of BIOS settings, but nothing worked.

Eventually I was forced to disconnect the HD in my old computer and plug in the HD from my new one and restore the backup to the new HD using the old computer.

I would like to find out what I am doing wrong on this new computer that is keeping Acronis from seeing my internal IDE HD.

I am getting a new internal SATA HD within the next couple of days, so I dont know whether Acronis will be able to see that one or not, but I would really appreciate if someone let me know what is wrong with the IDE Setup.

One thing I did notice was that Acronis would load my internal drive if I loaded the Safe Mode of TI 9 but that mode doesnt have the drivers to load a USB HD, so I wasnt able to restore that way either.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I believe your board has the Intel 965 chipset and the TI Recovery Linux based environment has a problem with it.

You can search the forum for: Core 2 Duo and also Intel 965 and you will see some more information. Acronis will probably fix it in an update.

You could also try the BartPE route and make a BartPE CD with the TI plugin.

3. mawsoccer

Could this problem be fixed if I got Acronis TI 10?

4. geoffp

geoffp Registered Member

Bugger, I just built a new pc which includes the Gigabyte AP-965P-Q6 motherboard. This has the 965 chipset which may explain my problems with none of my sata2 drives being available when booting from the MBR with F11.

Here is my original thread re this:- https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=159287

I will follow this thread to see if there is an outcome.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I think that this is a problem with TI10 as well right now and I imagine the fix will be released as a TI10 fix and not TI9 (unless Acronis makes you a new bootable CD image to correct the problem without generally releasing it).

6. mawsoccer

GeoffP, so you have not had any results yet?

7. geoffp

geoffp Registered Member

No, not yet (I take it u mean a resolution - hehe). I only encountered the error yesterday when I was doing some testing on my new rig.

I have sent an email off to Acronis support, and will wait to see the outcome.

8. mawsoccer

So you havent gotten a response from them yet?

Did u try the Bart PE thing?

9. geoffp

geoffp Registered Member

No, only sent it about 2 hours ago.

No idea what that is.

I will have to read up on it when I get home from work.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.