Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Livelee, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livelee

Livelee Registered Member

Hi there

I'm after some advice. I'm an engineer / reseller. I sell mainly to small business with up to 50 users. Most of them buy SBS2003 and some other have server and exchange 2003. I've always used VERITAS backup exec for backup onto various tape based media. For general data it's always been fine. Over the past 10 years I’ve only ever had 2 total failures....and both times the active directory / exchange has not been able to restore.

A customer of mine today had a RAID failure, for a while it looked grim but I managed to get it all alive again. As I was fixing it I realised I had ZERO confidence in the previous night’s full backup. This made me start to worry and now I’m looking for something that I want to be able to state my life on working.

So my question to all the users out there is this...is Enterprise Server as good as it says on the tin? My plan is to buy it and install it on a spare machine on their networks, should their server fail then I’ll have a machine that can be restored onto instantly and quickly.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Dan

2. Livelee

Livelee Registered Member

anyone?

3. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

Does not sound like you have thoroughly thought this through. What server are you using? How much user data will be lost?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Livelee,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows would be able to accomplish this task. It supports Windows 2003 Server and Windows Small Business Server 2003.

If I understand you right you would like to restore the system the a different computer (which usually means different hardware) in case the original fails. In this case I would recommend that you use Acronis Universal Restore in conjunction with Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows. Acronis Universal Restore is a plug-in to Acronis True Image that allows you to restore to different hardware, providing complete disaster recovery.

Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows allows you to restore the original computer as well. This can be don locally or remotely from a central location. You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Also you can download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer.

If you would like to order your software before the trial period ends, please visit the Acronis online store or contact sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.