Acronis True Image 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike DeLaet, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike DeLaet

Mike DeLaet Guest

When I attempt to boot after install, I get the F11 part and it freezes on my Dell Dimension 8400. Any ideas? I can't even press F11, more or less boot into Windows XP.

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Is your keyboard a wireless one or conventional?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike DeLaet,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

What version (and build) of Acronis program did you install? Did you create Acronis Secure Zone? Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate your problem and try to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. Mike DeLaet

Mike DeLaet Guest

Conventional keyboard

5. Mike DeLaet

Mike DeLaet Guest

- I am running Acronis TrueImage 8.0 Build 903
    - I setup a Secure Zone and did a Full Backup and then verified the backup.
    - I will create the boot floppy tonight and do as you mentioned

6. Mike DeLaet

Mike DeLaet Guest

One question, my Dell system does not have a 3.5" Floppy Disk drive. How do I do this on a Bootable CD or USB Thumb Drive?

7. Acronis Support

Hello Mike DeLaet,

I'm afraid that there is no ability to create a bootable CD or USB Thumb Drive for Acronis Report Utility.

However, first of all please boot the computer from Windows XP Installation CD and run "fixmbr" command in Recovery Console.

If that does not help and your PC still does not boot then I'm afraid we will need Acronis Report in order to investigate the problem.

There are to ways to obtain Acronis Report in your case:

- Temporarily connect the floppy drive to your Dell computer and create Acronis Report as described above;

- Temporarily unplug Dell's hard drive, connect it to any other PC and create Acronis Report either from bootable floppy or from under Windows as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please send this report to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Mike DeLaet

Mike DeLaet Guest

I got the PC fixed, now I want to know how to "Deactivate the Acronis Startup Manager" so that I no longer see the F11 Prompt.

Does anyone know how to completely remove/deactivate that feature?

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mike,

Well, if you still have the Acronis Secure Zone that you must have created in the first place then use the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard and select the "Remove Acronis Secure Zone" option. If you have somehow zapped the Secure Zone then create a new one and also accept the default option to "Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager". After that, remove the new Secure Zone via the Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard.

Alternatively, you could boot into the Recovery Consol from a Windows XP installation disk and issue the command "fixmbr" (without the quotes).

Regards

10. Acronis Support

Hello Mike DeLaet,

Menorcaman is absolutely correct. You can deactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager either by deleting Acronis Secure Zone using Manage Acronis Secure Wizard or by fixing the hard drive's MBR.

Please read more information on how to delete Acronis Secure Zone using Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard in section 3.2.4 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.