Acronis True Image 8.0 build 786 is officially released.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Acronis Support, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

hey menorocam! thanks for that, that did the trick - no more wasted CDs now everytime ATI comes out with a new release - yeh!
    jigs

2. Does the new release support "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller"
    in its booting CD.

TIA

3. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Supports my Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller so I would say yes. Not 100% sure but I am about 99% sure it will work for you.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. It does not support "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller".

My Controller is:
    82801FR
    NOT
    82801ER

Thanx

6. herojig

since upgrading to this release i have one problem:
    even though all shcheduled jobs have been deleted from the acronis interface AND from the Windows XP Scheduler, every time I try to shutdown I get Acronis trying to kick off a job that no longer exists, and then it dies with a Acronis Shcheduler 2 Helper error. Very annoying. What to do?

7. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

Does this release address the corrupt image problem?

8. Acronis Support

Hello herojig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

The first thing I can propose is to uninstall Acronis True Image and install the latest build from scratch.

If it doesn't help please do the following:

- Download the http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send the created schedreport.txt file along with the description of the problem to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

9. Acronis Support

Hello TroubleShooter,

I'm very sorry for the mistake in my reply to you. Your controller should be supported as well. Please contact support@acronis.com with the description of the problem you encounter using Acronis True Image.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

10. herojig

Thanks Iila, just sent the file u requested. i'd rather not reinstall unless absolutly needed....
    jigs

11. @Ilya Toytman

I created the bootable CD (RW); when I boot the TI prog can't detect the internal Intel RAID-1 SATA drives but at the same time it can detect the external USB Ultra-ATA drive.

Hardware Spec.:
    DEEL XPS Gen-3 Series
    Chipset: Intel 925XE Express
    Processor: Intel P4 3.40GHz Hyperthread
    I/O Controller: 82801FR (1CH6R)
    SATA0: WDC WD2500JD-75HBB0 250GB
    SATA1: Maxtor 7Y250M0 251GB
    Mem: 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM

Using "Intel Application Accelerator RAID Option ROM Utility" to set RAID Level 1 (Mirror).

(P.S. The Windows "Disk Management" Show ONLY One HD.)

TIA

12. Homer

Homer Registered Member

Hi Troubleshooter

I booted from the bootable CD (full vesion) and both, internal RAID-0 SATA drives and external USB ATA drive have been detected. Restore of the image is working (tested !).

Software: Acronis TI Server 8 (build 786)

Hardware Spec.:
    DELL 8400
    I/O Controller: 82801FR (1CH6R)
    Using IAA RAID Utility

Homer

13. Hi Homer

What do U mean about "full version", and what does it differ from the one that built by the TI prog?

TIA

14. Homer

Homer Registered Member

Hi Troubleshooter,

with TI program you can build two versions:
    - Full Version, which is based on Linux (support of drivers for SATA RAID disks !)
    - Safemode Version, which is based on 'DOS' (I have no details)

Homer

15. I tried the Full Version with no success.

TIA

16. joetplfl

joetplfl Registered Member

Trying to update TI 8.0 to latest build,after
    I input info, Ti7.0 comes up with latest build
    TIA
    JoeT

17. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Joe

Looks like you need to register your copy of TI 8 as detailed in this <Acronis Support Sticky>.

Regards

18. herojig

Hello all, I continue to have problems with ATI8 and scheduled tasks. Now it's to the point where I get an error: [/path/verylongnumberlettercombo/tib.tis] and something about RPC service. My question is what is meant by "install the latest build from scratch?" I am a registered paid-up customer and i have access to the updates, which i have reloaded on top of the old install, which seems to fix these kinds of problems temporarily, but they keep coming back. If i do a complete uninstall, do i have to remember any passwords or registration keys? It would take me a very long time to dig out that information, if i could recover it at all (not good about saving receipts, it's hard enough to keep other important info from disappearing with the amount of crashes my pc has these days). But Opera has saved my password into the update site, for which i am very grateful. Please advise!
    thanks,jigso_O

19. bill999

bill999 Registered Member

ANy idea why?
    o_O

20. kasommer

kasommer Registered Member

I'm having trouble using v786 with a Toshiba notebook
    The notebook model is 1405-S151. v786 has lost functionality that 768 has.

Booting from the CD v786 does not recognize USB hard drives attached to the notebook.

The prior version 768 recognized USB storage when booted from CD. The machine is about 2 years old so it is a USB 1.1 interface. (However 768 seems to not be as successful with CD images as 786.)

I would like to use a PCMCIA USB 2.0 interface but neither version recognizes USB storage attached to the PCMCIA USB card.

I don't have any of the builds between 768 & 786.

Suggestions?

21. herojig

I hope ATI support does not post another "send in your logs" note to this! I did and never heard back from them. Okay, let's assume it's an email glitch, but THERE IS CERTIANLY A PROBLEM WITH USB SUPPORT! Now I know I'm not crazy, as there are at least 2 of us that noted this problem. And I too noted an increased DE-support of usb between 768 and 786 (PLEASE ATI, use other version numbers instead of reversing 6&8!) how confusing is that! It's like users using double negitives like i do :-*

Well kasommer, i have no suggestions except to do as i do, if a recovery is needed, u must plug your hard drive (that contains the recovery images) directly into laptop usb port before booting the recovery disk. It's the only thing that works in my installation, and that IS REALLY A PAIN IN THE *puppy*

Hoping they get it right in version 867!!!!
    jigs

22. mhzimmer

mhzimmer Registered Member

I have the latest build as well... and have a similar problem, namely, that my pcmcia hard drive doesn't get recognized when booting from the CD. I'm using a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop...

Any techs out there know a solution?
    Mark

23. herojig

does your laptop/harddrive have onboard usb support, outside of the PCMCIA? if not, uh oh....

24. kasommer

kasommer Registered Member

I guess I wasn't clear.

The laptop does have onboard USB support. It is USB v1.1

Build 768 can see hard drives attached to it. Build 786 does not. This is booting off the CDROM.

The second issue is that I would really like to use my usb 2.0 PCMCIA card but TI does not recognize anything attached to it.

25. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

i had a similar problem with this but after my update to corp workstation and server the issue was resolved. I think its a more hardware compatibility and support issue rather than a problem with the program itself.

the question is, is acronis going to continue their support of standard ti software since there move to corp and enterprise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.