Acronis True Image 7.0 FREE for a limited time

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tobacco, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

2. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

this will save me losts of time thanks

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Awesome and thanks for the heads up.

How is this version by the way? Any users of it here by chance?

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Personally, I wouldn't ask that question.
    I would download this VERY OLD version of Acronis True Image Home and see
    - if it meets my basic wishes.
    - if it doesn't conflict with my total system.
    - if it works properly with my main backup media (CD/DVD/Harddisk)
    - if the backup works properly and above all the restoration, the most important one.
    If ATI works on somebody's computer, doesn't mean it will work on your computer.

It's no secret that Acronis has troubles with CD/DVD's, because Acronis was originally developed for disk-to-disk backup.
    You most probably will need a CD burner to burn your images created by ATI7 and backup on CD/DVD's is a bad choice anyway.

The main reason why this old version is free temporarily, is to get more customers of the latest version of ATI.
    If you ever have problems with ATI7, Acronis will recommend you to use the latest version like they always do in the Acronis Forums. In other words you have to buy ATI or ditch the free version.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  5. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

And then you can upgrade to 9.x for less dollars. :D :thumb:

6. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Sweet, I get a free license, however since I don't have anywhere to back up to, it is pretty worthless for now :p . Oh well.

Has anyone used it yet? I wonder how reliable it is in comparison to the newer versions (in terms of backing up data, and successfully restoring it)?

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

8. wilbertnl

I am a Acronis customer since TrueImage 6, and it has always been reliable for me.
    The nice thing of 'outdated' software is that is's smaller and faster.
    I'm also running MS Office 2000, nothing wong with that.

Mrk, you need to login with your email account and follow the link of your registered products.

9. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Looks like you are into modern stuff. I am still using Office 95 because it works. Prefer it to the later stuff. Still only using about 20% of the bells and whistles so don't want more of those.

10. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

There seems to be loads of Info on 'How' to get the free ATImage 7...but has anyone ACTUALLY been able to D/L it yet....

I applied two days ago....filled in all the required fields...submitted it...got confirmation..........Still waiting for the eMail with the wherewithall in it that will allow me to install!!??...

It was also advertised in my 'Computer Active' Mag.....when I logged into the site it had been overwhelmed and had been required to close down any further applications for the offer...

So at the moment I'm not holding my breath......

The offer supposedly runs out on the 18th October 2006.

Cochise....ACRONISing in Albuquerque........

11. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

If you are in the UK then it is available on the November cover disk of PCW magazine. I think other mags have been carrying it. Maybe other countries have this available. I have also seen Paragon doing the same.

12. dog

dog Guest

Log into the Acronis site, using the email you used to register along with the password you received in the email. The click on My Account on the upper right side ... then select registered products. You'll see Acronis 7 Listed :

[+] Acronis True Image 7.0 (English)
    SN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Registration date: 2006-10-10
    Last available update: build #638, 2004-10-01. Get update. <- Click here to download the product.

You'll see your serial number listed ... and they'll also send you an email with the serial number.

HTH, -- If you still have a problem send me a PM.

Steve

13. wilbertnl

14. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

:D :D :D .....Thanks for the info on what to do WHEN I get my Confirmation eMail dear friends.......but like I said.....I haven't heard a word yet from Acronis!!....NO eMAIL...ergo, NO PASSWORD!!........So, how long is it supposed to take...should I re-apply?....

Cochise...Hangin' on the line in Huston......:D

15. dog

dog Guest

Redoit then ... you should have a reply almost instantly (did you double check the reply didn't end up in your Spam folder?). ;)

Steve

16. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm also a registered Acronis user, but I don't find Acronis TI 7 on my personal account. I think I don't get that old version, because my very first version was already Acronis True Image Home 9.0.
    Of course it's not a problem for me. LOL

17. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Steve for the PM Mate...I'll keep that in mind....

I'll re-apply and see what happens this time...and No..the elusive eMail didn't wangle it's way into my Spamfighter folder.........I've been watching my mail like Scully and Mulder watch the skies....:D :D :D

Cheers, Cochise.

18. dog

dog Guest

BTW ... It would've been really sweet if they would've offered the linux version of 7.0 too ... I have both the (paid) version 8 [windows] and now the free offer of version 7 [windows] ... I'd gladly trade my commercial version of 8 [windows] for the linux version.

Acronis is the best backup software I've ever used, while I can get by on the ver 8 Bootable disk - I'd really love to exchange it for the linux version of 8. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  19. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    I'm using TI9 from Windows to backup Linux partitions. TI9 reads Linux partitions and can back them up or restore them.
    Mrk

20. Mrkvonic

21. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just re-applied....got instant reply with Password and then Reg.Code...I'm now the proud owner of ATI 7.....All I have to do now with my five brain cells is learn how to use it!!..

Just tried to back up complete HDD onto DVDs (it says 3 required) but it keeps rejecting them saying either 'Disc Full' which it isn't or 'Poor Quality Discs' which they aren't!!??.........Ain't life great when your enjoying yourself..:D :D..........Anyway...Once more into the breach dear friends.....

Cochise...Trying to copy in Transylvania...

22. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

What s/w do you use for your writer. I remember reading that ATI does not work with Nero prior to version 9. When I was using ver 8 I had to backup to hard disk then copy them separately to DVD. Forget the process now but you had to specify how they were broken up if over more than one disk.

23. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks David for that snippet.....I have Nero v6!!.....so that could possibly be my problem then eh?.....so failing some other solution I'll do what you do and copy to hard drive and see what happens then.....Is this what's known as a learning curve?..:D :D :D

Cheers, Cochise...Backing up in Bahamas..

PS. If you remember the 'Process' you used......I'm all ears...

24. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

25. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi ErikAlbert,

After you have applied to get TI 7.0 in

http://www.acronis.com/mag/vnu-ati7

a download link will appear in your personal account.

If you do not apply for it, TI 7.0 will not appear in your account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.