acronis true image 11 system state color

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gbp007, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbp007

gbp007 Registered Member

How do i stop from the system state giving me a yellow warning ? I want it so it will be green instead of yellow all the time..I went ahead and scheduled a one time backup to start in 10 minutes and after the backup was finished it still appears yellow instead of green..any suggestions ?

here is what i mean below -

[img=http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7008/02102008041204lz7.th.png]

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Once the banner has become upset, it can take upto a week of scheduled backups before it rights itself.

If you are only going to make manual backups, then sadly there is nothing you can do at the moment about the banner colour.

Colin

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Just ignore the silly yellow band. It warns you when no scheduled backups have occured, although, if you're using scheduled backups then you're probably running things automated and unlikely to load the user interface and so unlikely to ever see the warning. If ever a program feature deserved to be totally ignored, this alert is it. "It's-a catcha twenty-two, catcha-twenty-two". :rolleyes:

4. gbp007

gbp007 Registered Member

It seems the only way to make it green is to schedule a weekly or montly backup and not a one time backup..Finally got it green after doing the monthly backup but im gonna have to make sure my external hard drive is connected at the time of the backup or otherwise it will turn yellow again..No big deal though as it can be easily ignored..

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

gpb007,

Even when you have got a green bar it is important to check that your scheduled backups have indeed run according to plan.
    On some installations scheduled backups do not run consistently and the bar stays geen. The most important thing is not the misinformation but the fact that an expected backup did not happen.
    Because I made the mistake of relying on this "feature" once I lost half a day's work when I ran a restore with an older image than should have been the case.
    It was the final straw and I then rolled back to Version 10 which is far more reliable.

Xpilot

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You are wondering how to turn it from yellow to green. Fuggetabowtit. It won't hurt anything if it's yellow or red or green or blue. All it is an "idiot light" that turns yellow green depending on whether there have been any scheduled backups attempted -- but not if they succeeded. It doesn't really tell one much of anything and certainly not anything useful. It really is useless; just some color on your screen. In future builds/versions, Acronis might develop it into something useful but for now it's just innocuous extra color on the screen. Don't let it get you down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.