Acronis True Image 10 home ~ Unable to restore back up discs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alan King, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan King

Alan King Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image 10 home with the update Trueimage 10.492_s_en.exe ~ ~snip~

I have backed up disc 1 on my PC which is duo core running Windows Vista Home Premium. Disc 1 contains 3 partitions C ~ mainly Vista OS, E ~ Programme files & F ~ which has my Documents.

I have done a quick format of E & F with the intention of restoring the backup with slightly different volumes ~ I needed to give the C volume a little extra space as things are getting a little cramped in there.

On opening Acronis & selecting to Restore I complete the Wizard to restore E & F & click proceed. Acronis starts to do its business & soon asks for a restart.

On restarting the Acronis Loader is initiated with the screen showing the ACRONIS logo & text which says 'Loading please wait'. Well having waited some 8 hours, nothing has happened! I have repeated this process several times including removing Acronis software from partition E & reinstalling on partition C.

I have also tried running the 'Acronis Startup Recovery Manager' to no avail

Do I need to uninstall Acronis & tidy up the Registry before it will work? If I am required to work on the Registry I will need very precise instruction from yourselves.

What is the solution please?

I am unable to use the Internet from my PC I am currently having to communicate using a friends PC @ brian @ leeds16.fsnet.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

While you're awaiting suggestions, you should remove your s/n from the message.

3. Alan King

Alan King Registered Member

Problem has been resolved. I was trying to restore 2 partitions where all that I needed to do was restore the files back on to there relative partitions.

PS unable to remove my post as there is no edit button available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.