Acronis True Image 10 Build 4942 and full disk encryption software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GAN, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I use True Image 10 Build 4942 and Drive Crypt PlusPack 3.9 latest build (full disk encryption software). When i try to make a backup of my computer then select My Computer and the C: partition i get a warning that says "Some partitions contain errors and can be imaged only sector-by-sector.....". Also where i select my C: partition it's listed with Type FS:None. Taking a backup using sector-by-sector the backup image will be the same size as my harddisk and no compression so i take up a lot of space compared to not using sector-by-sector. Is there anyway to take a backup without using sector-by-sector with TI 10 and drivecrypt pluspack? No other applications i use seems to have any problem understanding the NTFS filesystem from within windows when the disk is encrypted with drivecrypt pluspack.

The strange thing is that when the disk is encrypted using SafeGuard Easy (which is also full disk encryption software) i don't have this problem and backup works just fine and not required to do a sector-by-sector backup.

Is this a known problem using drivecrypt pluspack and is there any logic why this is not a problem using safeguard easy? If there is no solution today is there any chance that true image will be able to run a backup without sector-by-sector in a future release when the disk is encrypted with drivecrypt pluspack?

I guess it make sense there could be some issues using full disk encryption with disk imaging software, but still curious why TI work fine with safeguard easy and not dcpp. I searched this forum and found some similar issues, but not exactly the same and no clear answer. So i was hoping that someone might have a solution to this problem or any info regarding future support of dcpp.

2. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

The same issue occurs using PGP full disk encryption.

3. mbathen

mbathen Registered Member

Hi,

TI10 Build 4942 is the last Update?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GAN and leehigdon3,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that when you create an image of encrypted hard drive using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (raw data mode) the contents of the image will stay encrypted.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image does not officially support third-party encryption software. It is always possible to create a raw data image of hard drive though, which is the recommended method for such cases.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mbathen,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The build 4942 is indeed the latest build for now of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (in most languages).

You can find out the latest released builds of Acronis True Image on the updates page of our official website.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.