Acronis TI Home 10.0 Rescue CD on intel Mac

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stevemaser, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevemaser

stevemaser Registered Member

So, when I boot my Mac Mini from the rescue CD (with the hopes of backing up my bootcamp partition to external HD), when TI Home attempts to load up, I get screens of:

pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)

scrolling by.

If I let this go on for 5-10 minutes (it takes less time on a faster intel Mac), then I actually get into the Acronis interface, but it's not actually seeing the Bootcamped partition -- the only drive it sees is the external HD.

Is there:

1) Some way to get around this 10 minutes of "pc_keyb" scrolling?

2) Have the rescue CD actually *see* my bootcamp partition?

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. cctjon

cctjon Registered Member

I would like to comment that I am seeing this same behavior on a Shuttle SD39P2 running Windows Vista 64 bit and a QX6700. This is no MAC here but I still see the error:

acronis pc_keyb: controller jammed (0xFF)

If I wait for 3-5 minutes, it eventually stops and allows me into the rescue environment but the keyboard is not functional. Seems like maybe the USB keyboard support in TrueImage 10.0 could use an upgrade. I am running build 4942. The keyboard will work just fine to take me into setup prior to booting the Acronis Recovery CD as well as selecting safe vs. full version at the initial boot menu but it is not functional once I am in the GUI interface to do a recovery. Also, changing keyboards makes no difference. I tried a Microsoft Natural KU-0045 and a Dell SK-8115.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.