Acronis TI: Fast restore image, incredibly slow restore files (b3920)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Spider3, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider3

Spider3 Registered Member

Hi,
    Today I was by a customer and I've performed some tasks to test in how much time the secondary server can be operative.

I was really satisfied with the partition image restore (C: partition), Full backup was about 3 Gb, with 17 incrementals of 50-100 Mb each. Task completed in 16 minutes. Files were located on a NAS Server (Gbit connection).

I've tryed to restore the other image (containing files of D: partition). This was about 5 Gb, with 17 Incrementals of 100-200 Mb each. Time estimated to complete task: 5 hours! And that's restoring files on a RAID0! I thought may be the problem is the raid. Even if i try to restore the files on the system hd (the one that image took 17 minutes) time is the same. Also tryed to restore just the the Full Backup (not using the incrementals). No changhes, time is always 5 hours. And i can see the file names displayed during the restore stuck for minutes (even small txt files!)

What's wrong? 5 hours is definitely too much.

Thanks!

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

Please see other topic on BartPE plugin, much faster...

Work well!

Jaycee

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

File backups and restores are always much slower than image backups and restores. This does seem rather an excessive difference.

Have you tried the file backup and restore from a different location. This would allow you to determine whether the slow restore is due to Acronis or the NAS device. Some NAS devices can be quite slow.

4. Spider3

Spider3 Registered Member

jaycee: thank you for the hints, i'll try it out and hope i'll be able to increment the restore speed

jmk94903: I don't think the problem is related to transmission speed between the NAS and the server, there is a gbit connection between them, and if the problem is about the nas slow, packet collisions or else, the restore of the image would be very slow too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.