Acronis TI-11 files question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WellWell, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellWell

WellWell Registered Member

When I created a full backup image, TI-11 created three files:

*.tib - which is the image itself, a .dat file, and an .xml file.

I remember seeing something about universal xml but my real question is do I need the .dat and .xml file to restore an image if I'm using an Acronis TI-11 from it's boot disk?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Re: Acrinis TI-11 files question

This ATI Home 11? where were the dat and xml files located? The only "permanent" files you should get from a backup, in the target location, is a tib.

If you create a task, you should get a script file (*.tis.tis) and if you create a Backup Location, you should get a *.cfg in the Backup Location. And of course log files are created during use. But all of the above, except for the tib and cfg files are created down below the Program files\Acronis and Program Files\Common Files\Acronis directories or the Docs and setting\All Users\Acronis directory.

3. WellWell

They were in the folder I told T11 Home to use when it created the images. I think I recall reading somewhere that those images are for incremental backups and universal restore options, using the xml file, but you don't need them if you are using the Acronis boot disk and not doing incremental backups. However, I could be wrong.

The are there tho.

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Most strange, do these extra files have a name or a number?

Perhaps you could post the contents of the xml file here. That might help explain where it came from.

Colin

5. WellWell

Well, this is weird. The XML file starts out:
    This XML document describes a drive image created with Runtime Software's DriveImageXML.

The name of the file is:
    Drive_C.xml
    Drive_C.dat
    The dat file header is RTS COMPRESSED IMAGE V1.0

The only thing I can think of is that I tried to use DriveImage XML and it created these files while I was messing around with it. Then I renamed the folder to /AcronisImages and never looked inside of it until after I did the Acronis image.

So that settles that. Sorry for the goose chase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.