Acronis TI 10 and vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AlexG, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexG

AlexG Registered Member

I recently bought a new laptop with Vista ultimate. My old laptop had win xp and I was using Acronis TI 10 without any problems. Even though Vista has its own backup imaging software I would like to use acronis TI 10 for my backup needs. Are there any known issues usuing acronis TI 10 with Vista ultimate.
    Thanks in advance.
    AlexG

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I think if you use the bootable TI media you'll run into less problems if any. If you need to do automatic scheduling, then all bets are off. :D :D

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm using TI 10 on Vista Ultimate without any problems, but I do manual backups and haven't messed with scheduling.

4. JeffreySAnderson

JeffreySAnderson Registered Member

I have Aconis TI 10 installed on my system using Vista Ultimate. Manual backups are find, but scheduled backups have a problem logging in. I am currently looking for a solution. I have tried both by user name and by administratoir. Both result in an error.

5. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Doesn't VISTA Ultimate have the capability to do backup and disk images built in ?
    I have Home Premium, and it has a decent backup program, but I was thinking of upgrading to Ultimate just to get the Disk Imaging function.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes, Ultimate has its own image backup. It's not as sophisticated as TI 10, but do the math on the cost of the upgrade vs. buying TI 10 an decide which is the better deal.

7. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Admittedly, TI is a lot better "deal" if looking at disk imaging alone.
    But of course ultimate has other features, and I have been a little spooked by the numerous issues users are uncovering with TI 10 under VISTA.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JeffreySAnderson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that, when specifying a scheduled task, both username and password should not be blank. We recommend you to either set a password on the account which you are going to use for backing up, or create a separate windows account with at least backup operator privilegies and a password set.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.