Acronis Services

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jrjrg, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrjrg

jrjrg Registered Member

Hi
    May I know if the Acronis service "Acronis Scheduler2 Service" can be safely disabled via services.msc? I use ATI occasionally for making disk image and won't need anything more fancy.

At present, I switched the Startup Type to manual and from msconfig, unchecked the following:

True Image Scheduler Helper (schedhlp.exe)
    Acronis True Image (TimounterMonitor.exe)
    Acronis True Image (TrueImageMonitor.exe)

Are there implications in doing this? Turns out that I recently noticed that Vista System Restore is not automatically creating restore points even though I have checked the box in system Properties>System Protection. Task Scheduler service is set to Automatic. Any chance that the tinkering of the Acronis service is related to this?

I am using ATI Home 10 and Vista.
    Thank you.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Have a look in this thread under "Wilders Security threads on common True Image problems and solutions" - "Why Run the True Image Sevices" about 2/3 down the page. Lots of other good stuff here as well. Even though TI uses the term scheduler, it also takes care of running manual backups as well.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29880

3. jrjrg

jrjrg Registered Member

Thank you. I put them back to their original state. The default startup type for "Acronis Scheduler2" is Automatic (Delayed Start) I think. Pls correct me if this is wrong.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Mine (TI9) on XP is automatic. Don't see anything about Delayed Start.

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Delayed start of a service is a new feature in Vista OS.

Acronis Scheduler2 service on my Vista machine was set to Automatic by the installer. No harm in leaving it on Automatic (Delayed Start), as far as I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.