Acronis Recovery without last CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bonato, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonato

Bonato Registered Member

Hi All,
    I have a full backup of my PC with TrueImage with 13 CDs. I have problem with the last one that is unreadeble. It is possible to recovere the rest of data without last CD?
    Thanks for your help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bonato,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Restore Software.

We regret to inform you that to be able to restore the image you need to have all its parts. Otherwise Acronis True Image will not be able to restore and even explore the image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Bonato

Bonato Registered Member

There is no solution to recovery partially the backup? This is very very important machine with very very importand data... Do you have some kind of service to recovery it or something like that or some suggestion to give me to recovery almost some files?
    Thanks a lot

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bonato,

I do understand your situation but Acronis True Image sees the backup in "the whole", i.e. it looks into all the parts of the image to read its content. I am afraid the only way to restore the image is to try to copy the part from the corrupted CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Bonato,

Perhaps Gary Thorne's solution posted in this thread titled <Script for uncompressing image due to missing backup file> is the answer to your prayers.

Regards

6. mareke

mareke Registered Member

There are also programs that repair damaged CDs so that the data becomes usable. It may be worth trying one if all else fails. When DVDXCopy was all the rage for copying DVDs the Platinum version came with a program called DVD X Copy Rescue which repaired DVDs and CDs and would most likely still be being sold by the company that allowed it to be bundled with DVDXCopy (which was forced to close by the US courts). I still have a copy of the program but never had to use it to repair a CD. There are probably other programs that repair CDs as well. You could also try copying the data on the CDs to a hard disk and seeing if Acronis will let you explore the image even though the part of the image on the damaged CD might not be able to be copied and pasted (I'm guessing however that Acronis probably would not let you explore it if it can't see every part of the image).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.