Acronis "Not Responding" at all

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hurple, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurple

hurple Registered Member

I have been a longtime user of Acronis True Image 8. For Xmas I got a new PC and installed the software. It installed fine and started fine. However, when I tried to access the backup of my old PC it stopped dead. Same when I tried to mount that image in the explorer. It does the same when I try to make a new image of the new PC.

So, I upgraded to Acronis 11, thinking the S-ATA or something in the new PC was causing trouble with the software. 11 does the exact same thing. Nothing. At all. I starts fine, and examines the drives fine. But immediately hangs when I go to any of the wizards. :eek:

Please help. Otherwise, I may have to switch to Norton Ghost. :mad:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Just to clarify - this is happening using TI within Windows? If so is this XP or Vista?

Does the TI rescue CD (if it allows you to make one) work?

It reports the correct amount of drives when the splash screen starts up, then it brings up the program proper, you select Backup and the Wizard pops up - what selection are you making and at what point does the wizard fail?

Perhaps some screenshots if possible would help.

Colin

3. hurple

hurple Registered Member

Oh, sorry, I could have been more specific in my descriptions.

I am running Win XP Pro SP2. I have not yet made a TI boot disc, because I was just trying to test the program on my PC, because of the issues with TI8, and would get to that if/when I got the program running correctly. After all, the boot disc won't do me any good if I can't back anything up.

And, the wizard hangs no matter what selection I make, after it starts and scans the drives, which it seems to do without error.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.