Acronis memory leak

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by krbvroc1, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krbvroc1

krbvroc1 Registered Member

I bought Acronis True Image Workstation Echo (last April). I installed the server to one machine and tried to backup various machines over the network using the 'Agent'.

My XP box backed up fine.
    My Vista box becomes unstable/slow.

I also tried to backup a XP Tablet PC version one time which became unstable/slow.

Initially I thought it was just an incompatibility with XP Tablet OS since I doubt many people use that. However, when I started using Vista and had the same problem, I dug deeper. I found that there is a memory leak which gobbles up all the RAM and makes the machine unresponsive/unusable. I used a process monitor to determine that during the backup snapman.sys memory usage continues to grow until the machine is unstable.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello krbvroc1,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

We are unable to find the reason for the abnormal behavior without diagnostic information. Please collect the following files and use our Live Chat service here in order to receive immediate support:

1. XP machine:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application

- Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches (please see the attached file);
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot.

Vista machine:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application :

- Run the application from "i386" folder (run the 64-bit version of Device tree from "x64" folder if you have Windows Vista 64-bit);
    - Completely unfold (click on all plus signs) the \Driver\partmgr and \Driver\volmgr branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture in JPEG format being preferable.

2. - Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.