Acronis Loader runs wild after completion of restoration.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by reteb, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reteb

reteb Registered Member

I run ( XP prof. ) the lastest Acronis True Image Home ( trial ) version.
    Since I'm fed up with all Ghost problems I am eager to buy this Acronis prog but I encounter two problems :

1:
    At the end of restoring the system partition ( thru sector by sector restore as well as thru restore disk or partion ) the Loader flips into a sort of DOS-like environment, out of which no escape is possible, whichever " HELP "command line command I tried ( even ctrl-alt-delete doesn't do any job ).
    A frightening kernel message " system going down !! " appears and the CAPS and SCROLL leds on my keyboard start blinking continuously ( apparently as an urgent warning.. )
    I have to turn the computer power button off.

Remarkably, after reboot, the restore process ( " overwrite existing files ") seems to have worked OK ( the Registry seems perfectly restored and all intentionally deleted programs are there again with the proper Registry HKEY_'s entries ) but this oddly flipping Acronis Loader still worries me.
    Please advise.

2:
    After byte by byte cloning my ( properly bootable ) system partion disk to a second disk, the cloned disk ( which does indeed represent a perfect clone of the original ) is not bootable whereas the Help file states that a clone disk is bootable if the original disk is bootable.
    Please advise.

Thanks for any comments.

2. Dort

Dort Registered Member

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Regarding the first issue - could you please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the exact error message and all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Regarding cloning issue - please disconnect the source hard drive right after the cloning process (before booting into Windows) and check if the cloned hard drive is bootable. Please also note that cloning to different hardware (including hard drive with different interface) can prevent your operating system from booting up.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.