Acronis Home Trial

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Emile, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello,
    I just downloaded the trial version:) , when I select the product I have a windows that says "The trial version of Acronis ...... is fully operational but works only 15 days" :) OK I agree BUT under this statement I read "the trial version of Acronis is expired:eek: . to purchase the full version ....." and I have 2 possibilities
    1/ Try now! is not available; o_O
    2/Buy now and
    3/Cancel.

Is a trail possible or not?:oops: I have a screenshot and if I have an e-mail address I can send it.
    Emile
    Brussels Belgium

2. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello,
    Drop the question, I'll buy an other product.:doubt:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Emile,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I have sent you the instructions on how to install the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home via Private Message. Please check you inbox.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello Aleksandr,
    I received the information. Product installed and testing.
    Thanks for assistance.;)

5. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello,
    I started my request for a full backup HD +- 50 Gb to my external HD yesterday (Europe time) at 20h00 and this is still active (not finished) this morning at 06h00 .
    When I look at the Task Manager there almost NO activity .
    How can I know if this is finished ??
    I attach the log file.

When I select the Mount Image option to validate the backup made, I receive a popup Error : "Selected file is not Acronis True Image Home archive or is corrupted. please select another backup archive "

Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  6. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello,
    The result of the new .exe is GOOD. Archive control is OK. Will now test the incrementals.:D
    Thanks for assistance.

7. Lockhead

Lockhead Registered Member

I got the same problem.

What to do?

Made a backup with my Trial Version, Upgrade for full Version, cant read backup - sucks. :(

8. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello,
    I was contacted (by PM) by one of the guys of Acronis and I am still in contact with them as the solution some time works and some time does not work.
    I am confident we will find a solution.

9. Lockhead

Lockhead Registered Member

Could you offer me the solution for the problem "Selected file is not Acronis True Image Home archive or is corrupted. Please select another backup archive." please?

I deperately need to access those backups.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  10. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello,
    I cannot help you , I think that it will be difficult to have access to these file if they are not valid for Acronis.
    I hope someone from Acronis will read your topic.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lockhead,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

After installing the update, please re-create your backup(s) anew and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, please provide us with the following information:

- Does the problem appear with both file-based backups and disk\partition images?

- Does the problem appear when you try to restore\validate backups both within Windows and using the Bootable Rescue CD?

- Describe the way you create your backups in detail;

- Let us know where you store your backups;

- Try placing\saving backups to another storage device (e.g. internal, external or networked hard drive, CD, DVD, etc.) and inform us about the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

12. Emile

Emile Registered Member

Hello,
    For weeks, now, I try to make an Acronis Image of my C: driver +- 60 Gb (this the main driver with windows and .....all needed programs) onto an external HDD using USB or FireWire (I tried with 2 different HDDs a 160 Gb and a 300Gb NEW) without succes.:oops:
    I am in contact with Acronis Support, I test and retest BUT ....

Does some takes backups (and tests the results) using Acronis onto an EXTENAL HDD using USB or FireWire with successs?? :rolleyes:
    Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.