Acronis Backup Server is lost

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pelado123, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelado123

pelado123 Registered Member

Hi:

I´m traing to do a documentation, in case of disaster recovery. And i figured oout that i no have idea hoy to solve the next problem :

"My backups go to a Acronis Backup Server. The image are saved in a external hard drive. If my machine with Acronis Backup Server explode, i can put the external hard drive in another machine, install the Acronis Backup Server, but, how i can restore the image that are in the external hard drive??

I mean, can i catalog the archive that are in the hard drive, or i lost all the backupo_O?

Plaese excuse my english.

Thanks

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

To restore TIB-files (=Ti-Images) to a blank system you can use the ti-rescue-cd.

If you don't have one, please create one using your installed Ti-software under Windows.

3. pelado123

Thanks MrMorse:

I kwon that, but my question is other:

When you save image files in Acronis Backup Server, the image files dont have extension, they are like this :

"A3FA0A58-7CF9-4A49-890B-453B3E4E02FB"
    "390CC155-0D9B-479E-A084-4A226DB89A41"
    "3AD648E6-62ED-42DF-A482-6369B844A9A5"

So, if my Acronis Backup Server has gone, how can i restore that image fileso_O
    Can i put this image files into a new Acronis Backup Servero_O?

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pelado123,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

It looks like that files you are talking about are temporarily backup files which were not removed for some reason. try to recreate Backup Server and see if the issue persists. All Acronis backup archives have .tib extension, you can transfer them to another Backup Server in case of need.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. gordho

gordho Registered Member

I noticed the same with Backup Server and the only thing I could think of was to have a drive image of the server running Backup Server. I believe the normal behavior for Backup Server is to name the tibs in an unfriendly way and it depends on it's own catalog to map the tib to the server in Backup Server. It sure would be easier if the tibs name was based on the server that was backed up. I ended up not using Backup Server because of it's dependency on the catalog.

6. pelado123

Hi Dmitry Nikolaev:

The files are not temporary, because if I delete them, when I access "Acronis Backup Server->Manage Backup Archives" there is no archive.
    I will follow with the steps I do so you understand the problem:
    1) I program a backup task with destiny set on "Acronis Backup Server"
    2) In "Acronis Backup Server", "Set up Administrator Profiles"->"Add" I select the computer where I have programmed the backup. In "Backup location" I select the removeable disk and create a folder with the server I'm backuping. Ex. I:\backus\server1
    3) I run the computer backup task and wait for it to finish.
    4) I go to "Acronis Backup Server"->"Manage Backup Archives" and I can see the .tib file.
    5) Now if I go to the removeable disk and explore to I:\backus\server1 (from ex.), there are lots of file without extension.

My doubt is:
    If I insert the removeable disk in a new computer and install Acronis Backup Server, how do I get all the backups I had before on the removeable disk?
    The problem occures when I want to import the files ("Acronis Backup Server"->"Manage Backup Archives"->"Import") because they are not .tib files; and if in the new installation I try to import the no extension files the importation fails.

In wait of your response,

Sincerely

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pelado123,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

You are unable to retrieve the archives in the mentioned manner. You should use Acronis Archive Resorter for these purposes. Please overview the following article for more information.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.