Acronis 9 R. Manager insists FAT32 not NTFS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jamesg, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesg

jamesg Registered Member

HI,
    Recovery Manager has selected FAT32 as the file format to restore
    Drive C (NTFS) from drive D (also NTFS).

This is an error.

Am I suppose to go thru all that work of editing the Master Boot Record for
    this error to be corrected??

Is it possible to just uninstall Acronis, re-install it & expect it to set up Recovery manager correctly. Ya sure that's too easy.:mad:

Please advise.

Also, I have a Acronis Recovery Boot CD-ROM.
    It was for a previous PC/OS.
    Do I create a new boot CD-ROM for my new PC?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jim,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 does not have a capability of converting NTFS partition to FAT 32 partition during it's restoration process.

Please also make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please provide us with the following information:

- What operating system do you use?

- Let us know whether you have tried to restore an image of the entire hard drive or an image of a single (system) partition;

- Where do you store this image?

- Clarify whether you have started the image restoration process from under Windows or in rescue mode (Bootable Rescue CD or Startup Recovery Manager);

- What file system has the partition that is being restored?

- What file system has the destination partition?

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please note that Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware. In other words, it does not depend on the hardware configuration of the system it was created on and so can used on any of your 75 severs. I would anyway recommend you to have at least one reserve copy of Bootable Rescue CD, just in case the original disc will be lost or damaged for some reason.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jamesg

jamesg Registered Member

I uninstalled & re-installed latest ver.:thumbd:
    Still, see that Recovery Mgr. will restore NTFS drive with FAT32.

Thus, have disabled Recovery Mgr. & will use Boot disk if necessary.

Any other advice on how to correct this error?
    Jim

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jamesg,

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Aronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Launch Acronis True Image 9.0 from under Windows, go to Recovery Wizard, select the image you encounter the problem with and make a screen shot showing the contents of this particular image archive (see the example below);

- Let us know where you store this image;

- Use a digital camera to make a shot of the respective Acronis Startup Recovery Manager screen indicating that your NTFS partition is going to be restored as FAT 32;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alexey Popov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.