Acronis 8 can't see networked drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lilbro, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilbro

lilbro Registered Member

I recently got a copy of Acronis 8 to try and backup my 3 computer network. Acronis is on the main PC. The other two PCs are connected through a 802.11G network. I can see the other two PCs fine in Network Neighborhood, and I was even able to map the one PC drive as a netwroked drive on the primary PC. Acronis doesn't see any of the drive not on the primary. I went into Control Panel - Administrative Tools- Computer Managemement - Local Users & Groups - Backup Operators and made sure the primary was set as the backup operator. Do I need to do something else?

2. gliderguider_au

gliderguider_au Registered Member

lilbro, this may be a netbios name resolution problem. I've been going through similar problems, although not with acronis. you might want to look at
    support.microsoft.com/kb/301041. it explains how to install netbeui and it has fixed all of my problems with seeing other hosts and shares on my network.

Stuart

3. lilbro

lilbro Registered Member

Thanks, Stuart. It's worth a shot. The Acronis interface is a lot nicer than Ghost plus it will run in the background doing backups. HAte to have to scrap it just after installing it.

4. lilbro

lilbro Registered Member

No gotta NetBUI. Running WinXPProSP2 which MS says does not support Net BUI

5. gliderguider_au

gliderguider_au Registered Member

lilbro, although Microsoft say its unsupported. they tell you in that web page I mentioned how to install it from your XP CD. if you dont have the CD it might make it a bit more difficult. it only needs 2 files moved from the CD to drive C: and then you can install NETBEUI.

Stuart

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It doesn't have anything to do with the protocol, IMO. If you are using TI8 home version you can only backup the PC the program is operating on. That is, you can't run TI on PC A and make an image of PC B or PC C. You can store the archive on another PC and you can restore an archive from the other PCs drive.

If you have to recover using the TI CD you will find that it does not support wireless networking.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lilbro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that none of the current versions of Acronis True Image do not officially support wireless network. Take a look at this previous post for more details.

In addition, as seekforever mentioned, the Home version of Acronis True Image 8.0 is able to create image archive of the local drive only. This post could be useful.

Please note that you can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.