Acronis 7.0 Another Question please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mickyw, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickyw

Mickyw Registered Member

o_O I wrote a few days back, and due to the kindness of all of you, I was helped lot. I gave this information to a more knowledgable friend but he then gave me a response I couldn't answer
    Okay. If I lose my hard drive on this XP Notebook, I was told to use my Acronis backup, but now this question. If I have lost my hard drive, don't I need either my A drive ( 3 1/2) or my C drive, which won't be working to boot up can't I don't believe from my D drive?

Do I have to change something in my Bios? If yes HOW, if No DAH!
    I know this might seems so petty to all you professionals out there but as you can see I just don't know that much, and as a senior ( not High School) just don't know
    Can and will you advise me
    I opened up my CD for the back up just to see what was on there and it said
    recovery manager ( I didn't open it as I didn't want to screw up anything) o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mickyw,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

In case your hard disk drive fails or your operational system is spoiled and doesn't boot you need to enter BIOS (press "Del" button when computer starts up) and set your CD drive as the first boot device (please see the manual for your notebook for the exact instructions - they depend on your BIOS). After that you need to insert Acronis Bootable CD into the CD drive and your notebook will boot from it. Also you may create bootable floppies (six floppies are needed) with the help of "Bootable Media Builder" tool. In this case you will have to set your floppy drive as your first boot device and insert the first floppy diskette.

After you boot into Acronis Linux you will automatically get into Acronis True Image main screen. You will need to choose the "Restore Image" wizard and follow its directions. Please note that you will have to be able to get your image. Thus if it was stored on your hard disk which was absolutely broken (for example it is not available even in BIOS) you won't be able to get the image. I can suggest that if you feel that your hard disk will fail soon rather than your operational system will be spoiled you should better store images on another hard disk, CDs, DVDs or network share. If the most possible reason of failure is for example virus attack or some experiments with operational system (briefly, that all your hardware is healthy and reliable) you may store the image on your hard disk and will be able to restore other partitions except the one that contains it.

If you have further questions concerning Acronis True Image please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.