Acronis 11.8101 Recovery boot cd ignored when SATA DVD drive on ICH10R raid enabled

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by eva2000, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eva2000

eva2000 Registered Member

Hi I've recently enabled raid 0 on my Gigabyte EP45 Extreme P45 chipset board with ICH10R with 4x32GB OCZ Core SSD disks. But I also use a Pioneer 216 SATA based DVD writer on the same ICH10R.

I can boot to the Pioneer 216 SATA based dvd writer with my WinXP Pro SP3 cd to install windows, can boot using Memtest86+ v2.01 cd rom as well.

But when it comes to Acronis T11 8101 build recovery cd, I can't get it to boot it's totally ignored and just boots into windows even with CD rom listed as first boot device in bios ?

Do I need ICH10R raid drivers for T11 recovery cd to boot ?

included screenshots of the SATA port configuration

thanks

George

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello eva2000,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify, are there any error messages during the boot time with Acronis Bootable Rescue Media set as boot device? If there are no messages at all, it might mean that the disk wasn't created properly. Please try recreating the disk using Acronis Media Builder tool, and booting from it again. Please check program logs for any errors after creating Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

@eva2000
    what happens when you change AHCI to IDE-option (e.g. NativeIDE) in your Bios?

4. kenho

kenho Registered Member

Be careful...you can break your RAID set changing it back to IDE.
    I did that and had to so a full reinstall of the OS.

5. regallow

regallow Registered Member

I'm very new to Acronis T11 8101, having just completed two weeks of trying the software before buying it. My hardware is different and you may already be aware of the following, but I wasn't. I thought the Acronis recovery cd was unable to boot and was ready to dump True Image:

I am used to a bootable cd automatically booting, without any further action on my part, when the cd/dvd drive is listed before the hard drive in boot sequence. The Acronis recovery cd does not "automatically" boot just because it is seen before the hard drive, you MUST PRESS F11 during the startup process when a message flashes briefly allowing you to do so. If you don't, the cd is bypassed and the next boot device is tried. I assume, but don't know for a fact, that the bios doesn't respond the same way to a unix boot record as it does to a Windows boot record.

Are you pressing F11 during startup?

6. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Yes, you are right.
    And I see in the pictures (post #1) that Raid0 is in work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.