Acronis 10 30-day Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mitchb9, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitchb9

mitchb9 Registered Member

We have a client that bought ATI9 Home September 28th. I've seen reference in this forum to a free upgrade to version 10 if the ATI9 was purchased less that 30 days ago.

I haven't seen anything on Acronis' website.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Mitch.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

3. himeros

himeros Registered Member

I have read the post about being able to upgrade within 30 days, but how can this be done, I see nothing anywhere on how to do it. Thanks

Himeros:doubt:

4. dld

dld Registered Member

If you've purchased Acronis True Image Home from the Acronis Website, you should be receiving an e-mail notice from Acronis about how to proceed. At least that's what happened when I upgraded from ATI7 to ATI8. You could address a Private Message to Acronis Support to let them know you haven't received this e-mail.

5. himeros

I didn't buy from their store, but from a different source, does that mean, I am out of luck with a free upgrade? Thanks for the help.

Himeros:)

6. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I think all you need to do is make sure that you register you ver 9 on the Acronis web site. After that I would send the PM to their support asking about your free upgrade to 10. I have read where they will honor your retail purchase for the upgrade so it shouldn't be any problem.

7. dld

dld Registered Member

I would follow the instructions given in post #2 in this thread:

"If you still did not receive the instruction please collect the confirmation of your purchase (invoice or receipt) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home within 30 days prior release along with the serial number for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected information to your request. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution."

8. himeros

Thanks for the help, I did register my software, but I am not sure when ver 10 was released. I purchased my software about 9 days ago.

Himeros:)

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello himeros,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you have purchased Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the retail store within 30 days prior release or any day after then you are also eligible for free upgrade.

If you have not done it already, please follow the procedure described it this previous post of mine which dld mention and submit a request for technical support, attach the confirmation of your purchase (invoice or receipt) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home along with the serial number for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. If you are eligible for free upgrade you will be provided with the further instructions on how to obtain it.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. pompste

pompste Registered Member

Hi,acronis makes the free upgrade process a difficult one indeed.
    I received SOME information for a free upgrade to true image 10.0 yesterday.They sent a serial # for my version 10.0 upgrade,but they don`t tell you how to get it.I keep e-mailing them just to get bits of info.
    Today they sent me a link to download version 10.0---i downloaded it and it`s a TRIAL VERSION which overwrited my version 9.0.
    I now have a trial version of true image 10.0 and my permanent version 9.0 has been overwritten.I have no information on how to use the serial # they sent for a permanent version of true image 10.0.
    I continue to e-mail them for more info.It`s obvious acronis does not like giving free upgrades or they would simplify this process.It seems they hope you will tire of this tedious process and just give up.
    Fotunately i have true image 9.0 on a purchased disc so i could reinstall it,if necessary.I will keep trying to pry information from them to get my free upgrade----they won`t offer it unless you badger them for it.
    CORDIALLY

11. Keith Weisshar

Keith Weisshar Registered Member

Just register the serial number that you received into your personal Acronis account and then download the installer from that account.

12. pompste

pompste Registered Member

Hi,much thanks to you,dude.It was really easy to do once you offered the correct information.
    It`s amazing to me how acronis gave me NONE of this information.
    I`m glad i posted here so i could benefit from someone with wise information.
    Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.