Acrnis True Image Home was not able to create Acrnos Secure Zone on the selected driv

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by steveaa, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveaa

steveaa Registered Member

When I try to back up using Secure Zone Wizard, I get the following error which is not that helpful. Please help

"Acrnis True Image Home was not able to create Acrnos Secure Zone on the selected drive"

I am using the primary partition NTFS on my XP machine, and it does have enough space:'(

2. steveaa

Note that I have a large existing partition that I select for acronis to create the zone on, and it refuses to do that although I have 150 gig available on that.

3. steveaa

bump anyone there. Please help.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello steveaa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please note that the reason for this behavior might be that you already have four (4) primary partitions on that hard drive. In this case, you cannot create another partition. You can check the partitions type using Windows Disk Management for example by following Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management.

If this is not the case, please check the disks for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)

- Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r"

where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

After that please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.