? about Kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by awsomaha, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awsomaha

awsomaha Registered Member

I have recently decided to not renew my Nod32 membership.....but that is for another thread :D But my question is I have kaspersky installed on my wife's laptop for testing to see how it works. Now she doesn't need anything fancy nor very robust as she is very smart when it comes to the internet. In other words she doesn't download nor install anything with out asking me first :cool:

But my question is I updated kaspersky this morning and it took almost 5 minutes to update using a 36kb file. Is this normal? Also I seem to have a little slow down with web browsing...again is this normal or is it all in my head?

2. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

Kaspersky is a great example of software that works differently depending on the machine, IMHO. I had web speed issues, experienced the chkdsk issue, and had slow patching as well (which I attributed to the slow web experience). So, for my machine, KIS is not something I'd even consider.

However, its works like a charm on my wife's PC, and she won't let me install anything else :D

Its a top-notch security software, but the problems you are experiencing are not uncommon. However, I'd check on their forums before giving up on it - They have some excellent resources there who can walk through fixes to many problems.

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Which version are you using,which OS and was any other AV installed prior to Kaspersky?you may find more advice at the kaspersky forum

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

even though it said the "update" was only 36kb most likely that was just the sig database being updated. i have found it will update components for things like the firewall or the scan engine etc and those are larger and dont always show in the download size.. i think you should be fine. try doing a manual update imsure there is at least one sig that has been updated since your last time even if it was only 30min ago.. should be a pretty small file and see how that goes. on the norm unless there is a large component upgrade or a new version it should be only maybe a 30 second or so update..

did it ask for a reboot after that update?? that usually is a sure sign of more than a sig update.. runs smooth as be on my system

how are your http scanning settings?? i had the slowdown a tiny bit but i have played with a few things and it rund great now. i see 0 slowdown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.