About Disk Director and OSS

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Rob Slater, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Slater

Rob Slater Guest

Simple question.
    In the newest version of Disk Director, have the OS Selector issues been fixed. Namely OSS crashing the boot process ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please describe what error you get when you boot the computer? Also please let us know what operating systems you have and which one causes the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Rob Slater

Rob Slater Guest

I have no problem with the Disk Director Suite, the Partition and Disk Edit tools are awesome. The OS Selector however when first installed it will work fine but if I shut down my PC and then restart it possibly the next day, the OS Selector will crash and fail to boot. Seems it's some sort of missing config file error (cfg error).
    I am kinda confused by the OS Selector in the Disk Director Suite and the OS Selector avalialiable as a single product. I originally bought OS Selector and it worked perfectly (it needed to install to a FAT partition). Now I got the one in Disk Director (which never asked to install to FAT) and it crashes ? I reverted to my old copy of OS Selector, was just wondering if the OS Selector as part of the Disk Director Suite has been fixed, it has a nicer interface so if it's fixed I will update :)

4. Rob Slater

Rob Slater Guest

I'm booting XP Pro and Server 2003

5. Acronis Support

Hello Rob,

We have tested Acronis OS Selector with both Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server. Could you please describe in details what happens if you install the latest build of Acronis OS Selector and boot the computer? Where do you get the error and what error is it?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Rob Slater

Rob Slater Guest

Ok I just recreated the error with the new OSS.
    It happens after a defragmentation. You will lose the config file for OSS Selector. You will get no config file error and obviously you cannot boot to desktop. However if you use the activation diskette you can simply reactivate the OSS and it will work fine for while till the next defrag.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Rob,

This issue was discussed in this thread. This thread contains the solution and the list of files that should stay untouched during the defragmentation process.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Rob Slater

Rob Slater Guest

Thank You

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.