About Behaviour blocker?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Judging from past products and what they were able to accomplish or not, Behavioral Blockers run fairly close to being a spinoff of a full blown HIPS in my opinion, maybe someone could better give a more accurate description, but to me they seem to perform as a portion of a HIPS in some ways.

CyberHawk now ThreatFire seemed to break some good ground in this respect but soon after many versions of trying to perfect it's code seemed just too much time & resources to put into a program that likely wasn't going to give them at least equal returns that they invested in it in time, effort, and hourly wages. So it was passed over to PCTools as we already know. Now they HAVE done some IMO better advancements in this special field of programs but like Novatix before them seem to have hit a snag too.

I dunno what it is about what few BB's are available but with the exception IMO of Mamutu, they must be a heck of a chore to perfect up to user's/customer's expectations and just plain abilities.

AS far as MAMUTU, i chalk that company up as having the advantage of being around since way back in Windows 98 days as A2Squared AS, and likely have a long experienced seasoned staff of programmers who are pretty good.

Returning again to TF, to me, they seem so very close to finally bringing TF all the way up to a marketable & maybe profitable product but unknowns to me seem to have come to a screeching halt just like back when Novatix had just about made it a desirable Behavioral Blocker.

All i can conclude at this point, again, is that, it must really take some fine line DIFFICULT programming to fashion a satisfactory and profitable BB, so remains to be seen what the future holds for the rest of them.

In the meantime, and feel free to contest my own choice at your pleasure, i find no other BB as well made and reliable as MAMUTU and i think EMSI is done a great service of even getting involved in Behavioral Blockers to begin with.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.