A2 free says there is no disk

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Avec, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avec

Avec Guest

I have a2 Free and when I select "scan your computer for malware infections," I get the notification: a2scan.exe - No Disk, with the message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E: (which is my CD Drive)."

If I select Cancel. Continue or just close the notification window, the a2 Scanner window appears, and I can proceed as normal. This notification just started to appear; I have had and used a2 for a long time.

The notification is the same one you would get if you tried to add folder E:\ to the scan menu, so it looks like a2 has already included E:\ in the scan menu, although it is not shown as being there in the a2 scanner window.

Does anybody else get this strange thing , after updating A2 free todayo_O

Avec

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

All I have in the scan option screen are my hard drive (all the partitions).
    The two DVD drives are not there.

If your CD drive is listed in the files to scan window, try removing it.

3. Phantom66

Phantom66 Guest

Hi, JJ

Tried doing that, I removed and added all my drives, but i still get this error. First time it has happened. I have been using it all week and today i updated it and started getting the error!!

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Did an update and a full scan just now with no problems.

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling?

5. Phantom66

Phantom66 Guest

Hi, Ok this is very strange i Did a system retstart and all seems ok!! I think it might have been something to do with the update, not sure what first and only time this has happened,

Thanks JJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.