A suggestion

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by yongsua, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

I suggest that ESET should come out something like Kaspersky removal tool or Dr web Cure IT! Is that possible?Besides,ESET can also come out this program that featured with definition or program updates so that user don't need to re-download again to scan their PC.Lastly,I think Online Scanner is not enough.:)

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I think that the ESET Online Scanner is by far the best online scanner available. Also they already provide standalone malware removal tools for specific threats, which you can use for example if the removal through the online scanner fails.

I agree on the fact that it would be nice of ESET would provide a offline on-demand scanner utility, in Dr. Web CureIt! style (although with signature updates), but I don't think it will be coming.

Also as far as I have heard the ESET SysRescue bootable cd will be improved for the upcoming version 5 of the ESET products, so will probably be ESET SysInspector.

I think that if you add it all together: the normal ESET products, Online Scanner, removal tools, SysRescue, SysInspector and great customer support (through documentation, the Knowledgebase, ticket support, email support and here). It is quite a strong package.

For the utilities and standalone removal tools see here:
    http://www.eset.com/download/free-antivirus-utilities
    and
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1298212475198

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I believe you asked a similar question in this thread, yongsua

4. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

There were different.This topic is about create a free new on demand scanner like Kaspersky removal tool or Dr Web Cure IT while the free protection is about free real time protection.:) Don't misunderstood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.