A-squared

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by chaos16, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D Just deleted my previous post, as it is no longer in effect, appears as if we are back in business.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :) :cool: ;) :eek: :D :p :rolleyes:

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Any news on the HTML question. I use FF too and I too see that the html is at FF. But still A2 opens IE...

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Hoo boy, what a great update! LOTS more signatures PLUS modular improvements, as well. I want to thank Toadbee & others who got me into the a-squared camp. It is simply superb.

By the way, the update went smooth as silk. :cool:

4. Edwin024

Hi Bellgamin!

Did you ever try Ewido Security Suite? It does the same as Ewido, but up until now I see that Ewido uses less RAM for instance. And they also have lots of signatures in their database :)

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Ewido Guard uses slightly less RAM when not scanning anything, but uses a fair bit more when scanning. Ewido also uses more CPU during scans.

6. bellgamin

Yes, I did.

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  7. Edwin024

And that is why they are working hard on version 3.5 I think ;)

Bellgamin: looking at your answer I guess that you find A2 a better deal :)

8. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Correct Edwin, working hard and it won't take too long anymore I guess :)

9. Edwin024

According to what Andreas told me I would have expected it already ;)

But I'm getting used to a bit of waiting. Thanks to the Eset, TDS and such guys :D

10. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Hopefully they removed the debug options of the engine ...

11. Edwin024

well, it seems that the engine is the biggest part of the work, so maybe they will :)

I now have A2 also installed and I don't see so far much difference between the two.

Do you find that there are significant differences between your product and Ewido?

12. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

What is "the debug options of the engine"?

And, why does it need to be removed? Pete

13. Infinity

apparently Andreas investigated a few things (that is good imo, market research lol) everyone is checking the others on how good they are, checking for vulnerabilities,...

I bet the guys @ Ewido could say a few words about the A2 scanner ...
    But I cannot find any statement anywhere in any sense of:

take care

14. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I would still like to see a clear-cut response from Andreas as to what he actually meant/was referring to by that post.

If there's a vulnerability/weakness in the current version of EWIDO relating to the debug engine, I (and I'm sure a lot of others) would like to know about it. Pete

15. Infinity

me too, don't get me wrong about it ;)

16. Edwin024

Mr Haak has had more strange opinions here about Ewido> I have never seen that the other way around ;)

17. Ants

Ants Guest

Andreas is excellent in explaining the weakness of competitive products. I remember sad stories where Andreas even released software in a scriptkiddie forum that helped Trojan users to decode the signature database of BOClean just to proof how 'weak' BOClean is and so on...

Well - with all that knowledge Andreas has I just wonder why his own product isn't that perfect... but I know the next version will be much more fantastic of course... Probably we just have to wait another year yet to see that happen... ;)

18. Infinity

possibly because his product isn't coded in C++...

talk is cheap and I couldn't believe my eyes when I read his statement...

I wonder if he dares to talk about his own scanner...even ntl said it was crap lol and he helped Andreas :D ...

it's just plain jealousy that's all, nothing more nothing less...but I expected another reaction from someone like Andreas...I guess I was wrong

19. bellgamin

I would like to call attention to the fact that this thread is clearly titled "A-squared." The discussions in this thread were dedicated to that subject, and the thread was quite interesting as such. Then along comes Edwin024 with his out-of-the-blue question...
    My extremely brief reply to that question was an attempt to turn aside further hi-jacking so that we could continue an A-squared discussion. However, Edwin024 was undetered.

At that stage Edwin024, ants & others proceeded to continue hi-jacking this thread into an "Ewido is better" discussion. Along the way they managed to jangle the sensibilities of Andreas (not hard to do) which was possibly another goal of the hi-jack.

Now the thread is well on its way to becoming (1) a personality slammer, PLUS (2) an Ewido VS A-squared thread. The prospects for any further objective and helpful discussions of A-squared are pretty much buried in the background.

By this post I have now, unavoidably, become a contributor to this sort of nonsense. :( :doubt: :blink:

20. Infinity

True, you're one of us now...you can't go back now cause it is waaaay to late :D

Point noted Bellgamin, I don't have anything against A2 scanner...but there are things that cannot be left unsaid, you know it and I know it...

afaik, it's no style to criticise others ... especialy when the other person played the game correct, and again you know what I'm talking about...

the fact that version 1.7 is two weeks late without any single explanation is really phantastic...but he promises and promises and promises and promises...it's been for two years now and still he promises and at the moment he can explain why it isn't working: he just criticise someone else...

Take care

Andy

21. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

News on a2 New version coming soon hopefully.

On the next version

Preview: a² free and a² personal 2.0
    The next a² version will contain an advanced Dialer protection beside the proven Trojan and Worm protection. a² free will also contain a background guard which is able to block Dialer activities.

Successor of YAW 3.5

a² free is also the direct successor of the awarded German tool YAW 3.5. YAW will not be developed as a separate program. It will be included in a² in full.

Advantages for YAW user:

Further development of the program is firmed. No need for donations any longer.

No annoying nagscreens because a² free is real freeware and not donationware as YAW is.

a² is more than a dialer scanner. It offers best protection against Malware (Trojans, Backdoors, Worms, Spyware, etc.). There is no need for a separate Dialer scanner any longer. So you can save computer ressources.

The dialer protection is an enhanced version of YAW 3.5. The protection is much more effective.
    Advantages for a² users with version 2.0:

Improved and easier graphical user interface.

Better signature quality which means faster scanning (300% faster).

Much more faster program start.

Optimized memory scan.

Automatic updates in a² personal

Advanced background guard in a² personal

a² users don't need a separate dialer protection software because a² combines the best available technology on this sector.

wat i like about this is that even the free version will have like a real time protection.

Here is a screen dump on the new version.

i am not sure is this screen dump is the new version. Any other new on the next releaseo_O??

Attached Files:

• a2v2.png
      a2v2.png
      File size:
      73.1 KB
      Views:
  22. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Heck thats old news..I still have the app..but nice slam :) next you'll be talking about the TDS-3 whacker..

Yet the a2 of today has gone further and longer than most had predicted and is still getting better :D ..so you, Infinity,Nautilus and the gang can keep tearing them proggies apart to see what makes them tick also..but I think at this time of the game..Andreas feels honored you have so much interest in todays product from their Company..

Man it's a jungle out there :ninja:

23. Ants

Ants Guest

Just for the records. I am not interested in Ewido at all and I don't care if their product is better or worse than a². So my comment was purely on topic.

bellgamin, awaiting your apology for your false accusation. ;)

24. Ants

Ants Guest

Yepp, the same sort of slams you are well known for... ;)

25. Infinity

Doesn't matter if it's a jungle out there...

and I rest my case with all due respect to you and Andreas :) have a great eve

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.