A Squared report of tracking cookie

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by HandsOff, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

When I run A2 I always get the message that I have a "Trace.Tracking Cookie".

Is this a reliable diagnosis? I do allow cookies on some sites, the text of the message is this:

Object Diagnosis
    K:\Documents and Settings\"Myusername"\Cookies\"My.."@comcast[1].txt - Trace.TrackingCookie

Were "Myusername' is the my windows users name. That does kind of look like a tracking cookie doesn't it?

- HandsOff

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Considering Comcast admits in their Privacy Statement they "may use session-based cookies to track the pages on our website"....I feel that is a reliable find on A2 part.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I always run CCleaner first, to clean my cookie folder and keep the cookies, I want. Than I run all my scanners.

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Well, so far it appears that Firefox is blocking the installation of these cookies, but time will tell. I have noticed one thing that makes me have my doubts. When ever I delete mail, I seem to receive spam when the page refreshes. Now, I know what you're thinking, "it's just a coincidence", but this is not very likely. Why? Well, lets say I get up in the morning check my email. There has been, say, eight hours during which new deliveries could take place. When I check mail the list is updated. The first thing I do is to delete the spam without opening it. Takes five or ten seconds at the most. Now, what are the chances that my deleting a spam mail at this point would coincide with the page refreshing after having eight full hours during which maybe 2 or 3 spams are delivered? I used the sleep interval as an example but this occurs often during other parts of the day, as well.

I have never heard of a receipt being sent to a sender if their mail was not opened. Does this happen? If it does shouldn't Wilders do something about it?

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.