A question about the function of spyware guard and its compatibility

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by xAustinx, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAustinx

xAustinx Guest

Hey,

I already have spyware blaster, I havenbt had any trouble with that. I ntoiced they also offer spyware guard as well. I was just wondering if you could tell me in a little more details what it actualy does. It says it works kinda like a virus scanner. Does that mean its a spyware scanner then because i am a little confused about it. Could you also tell what else the software does.

Just another question. I know it says its currently a work in process but do you know if it conflicts with the following security software:

E-Trust anti-virus
    Zonealarm firewall (free version)
    Spyware Blaster
    Adaware SE Personal
    AOL free spyware protecion program

and I use AOL as my main browser and ISP.

I know you may not know if they are compatible or not but if you do could tell me please.

Thanks very much.

Austin

ps. Thanks for the help in my other two posts

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

spywareguard is compatable with every other scanner I know of. What it does is check for browser hijackers and that type of thing. not actual viri. in the last year I have only had it alert me one time and that was enough to warrant having it .

bigc

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

This is a quote from one of LowWaterMark's posts on Spywareguard's description,

4. snowbound

oops, sorry bigc. :D

I was typing when u posted. ;)

snowbound

5. xAustinx

xAustinx Guest

ok well on the part about conflicting software. Has anyone experianced any problems with spyware guard conflicting with any of the above software i have listed?

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Never heard of any conflicts with the software that you have listed.

and snowbound that was a good post ;)

7. xAustinx

xAustinx Guest

Ok well you guys have convinced me to give it a try. It says I can down load and install the minimum setup because I am on XP. But is it ok to install the full setup. What is the difference between the two?

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The only difference is the support files they install - the "minimum" setup doesn't install some helper files that are usually present on Windows XP machines.

However, if it's the first time you've installed any of the various programs I offer (SpywareBlaster, etc.) then I'd recommend trying the full setup, just to make sure. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

9. xAustinx

xAustinx Guest

Hi,

Thansk for the help.

I just have one more question.

I could'nt find the right section for it on the forum so I am sorry if this is off topic. Buta few months ago I had a keystroke logger on the pc which aol said it had gotten rid of I quarenteend it then deleted it. But I have just gone to start>run>typed msconfig and on the startup tab there is something called "klogger". From what i can see its location is in the windows part i cant see any further then that. But ayway is this a harmless operation that I should keeo running or is malicious like part of a keystroke logger? Does anyone have any advice what I hould do about it because I didnt know wehtre i should disable it so it doesnt start. Please Help.

Sorry that this is off topic.

Austin.

10. xAustinx

xAustinx Guest

oops sorry i made a mistake there when I said "klogger" i meant to say "khooker". sorry so I would appretite help on the matter thank you.

11. snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.