A non-serious look at why Linux is ~0%

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by vasa1, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

LOL :D

Thanks.

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Linux is king of server land in corporateland, desktops are actually a tip of the hat to grassroots serious Linux users whom otherwise contribute to its steady development.

Non-serious stories like the above link (a tired and tattered effort by Windowsland) tend to make a moot point, ergo, there is no need whatsoever for Linux to succeed further with the desktop, yet it keeps on trucking! - and it's way above 0% which is a common myth anyway.

Corporations actually like the concept of free and stable software offered by Linux - it serves their profit motives. Meanwhile, do the monthly check on Windows Update Tuesday, and another round of critical security patches are made to the seriously Swiss-cheese-like security vulnerabilities of Windows OSes.

Of course, Linux is not immune to security flaws - its just a lot harder to penetrate than Windows - due to its superior design!

-- Tom

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Someone had commented that many Linux users block stat counters and they wouldn't be visible. I don't know how the counter works but I block a lot of stuff.

BTW, I'm posting this with Ubuntu 11.10 :thumb:

5. x942

x942 Guest

+1 on that. I block everything I can block. My referrer says I am running Windows XP :argh:

I like to mess with stats :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.