A little help??![Miha]

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hayc59, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

thank you!!
    edit link now deleted:)

Thanks Miha

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2004
  2. miha

miha Guest

Well

How can you help me? The virus is almost killing me although i tried TDS 3 and it actually removed the winsock.scr. But can i be sure there is none virus left?

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. miha

miha Guest

The link does not work

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

miha

Here is what the page says. In addition, you can scan in the safe mode.

Infected files keep reappearing. What to do?

It is likely that you are using either Windows ME or Windows XP operating system. Both systems are equiped with an automatic system files restore function which enables creation of so called restore points by backing up all crucial system files so that the user is able to revert to one of the previous configurations in the case of a serious system problem. These restore points are stored in the System Volume Information folder on all drives for which this function is enabled.

If you are running an out-dated version of the virus signature database, NOD32 may not detect some viruses. Consequently, any infected files residing in the Windows or another system directory may be backed up and included to a restore point.
    Provided you keep your NOD32 up to date by performing updates on regular basis, no infected file should be contained in this system directory.

The process of turning off the automatic system files restore function depends on the particular operating system you use:

For Windows ME

1. Right-click the "My Computer" icon on desktop and select "Properties"
    2. On the "Performance" tab select "File system"
    3. Click "Troubleshooting"
    4. Tick the "Disable system restore" check-box
    5. Click OK, Close and reboot the system

Note: It is recommended that you re-enable ehaviour of the system after the removal of the infected files - by unchecking the "Disable system restore"

Windows XP

1. Right-click the "My Computer" icon on desktop and select "Properties"
    2. On the "System Restore" tab, tick the "Turn off System Restore on all Drives" check-box
    3. Click OK

Subsequently, the whole content of the System Volume Information folder with all restore points will be deleted. After you re-enable this feature (recommended), a new restore point will be created.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.