A Difficult Math

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Wai_Wai, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

TRUST ME ON THIS me old Ed-ache.....DO NOT...repeat...DO NOT....Eat the little yellow things in Yarmouth........that is, unless you have a panchant for yellow things, in which case, do not blame us if your Pan becomes uncontrollably C-h-a-n-t-e-d.......

As Ford Prefect said after visiting the Restaurant at the end of the World......

"Ohhhhhhhhhh!........Ohhhhhhhh!......Abdul......Quick........pass me a towel and a clean shirt, it's happened again........

You have been warned......and I don't normally warn friends........you know I like a good larf........

Cochise,:cool: Panchanting in Pasadena....

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Haviing now read this complete thread:D I have only one thing to point out.
    Do you remember who regularly visited 10-Forward:

SPACE CADETS.:D :D :D :D

3. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Aaah Peter,

you have to understand that sometimes the more complex problems must be approached simply. We have more than enough Simpletons here to cover any eventuality!

Making space for new recruits, Simply ed

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Aaaaahh!....Haaaa!......Men?.......Looks like we have an all-round 'Clever-Dicky' trouble-maker here........

How have you managed to read the WHOLE Thread?...is there something wrong with you?........don't you have a life?........Do you realise your entering the murky World of the Mentally Challenged?......You are entering a place in Wilders that isn't talked about in polite circles.....

Cochise,:cool: A Space Cadet in Saratoga......

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I never said I wasn't a Space Cadet.:D

6. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Hey this is a Maths thread - nothing should be all round, everything should be squared and more power to ya....

As for mentally challenged - hehe.... yeh, like a fox - go on challenge me, ain't nothing wrong with my credentials - I can take it, I can be as challenged as the next man.......in fact seems like I'm the only one that's taken the Math's seriously.....;)

Don't worry Wai_Wai I'm on it as we speak - I've consulted with the brightest and the best..We've not cracked it yet but I think we've found the sticking point .......

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/andysnaps/partihate_large.jpg

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  7. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Whoa....who is this Wai Wai of whom you speak? An about those sticking points! As you shud be well aware...utilising sticks and stones in 10F is a violation of TOS. We'll have no more of that...or I'm tellin!!

Keep your eye on the prize..young e-o, Dementored ed

8. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hah Petey,

You've been here long enough to know that, when challenged, Deny!..Deny!..Deny!!

Ensconced in Fort Denial, Truthful ed

9. eyes-open

Why me old Dement'Ed .......Wai_Wai is the OP, the very progenitor of the prickly problem we find the pair of ourselves presently pawing........and I might add what practical person chooses to paw at a prickly problem without the prepossession to pack a pointy pole ?

Oooooh, there's a prize - gimme, gimme....mind ya - if it involves looking up again - I'm not so keen. Apparently I've got to keep me eye out for someone named TOS who's claiming I violated 'em......

http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209130.gif

10. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Ok...listen up!! I'm only going to say this once! (again)

"X" is the eqasion. "42" is a % of a centipede's appendages. "P" is a variable in the event it is in liquid form. "Y" might be employed for the hue of the liquid form. "B" could bee a factor if it has a tendancy to flit. "C"...refer to liquid form. "G" wud be the wurd expressed if we are successful in getting the answer. "K" wud be the wurd muttered if we all agree on the answer. "M" wud be the collected utterance if we all had to rethink the answer. "O" might be hurd if someone shot down your theory. "Q" speaks for it's self. "R" is similar to "O". "T" will be the drink of choice at our conclave as booze tends to evoke silly ramblings. "U" ...yes, I mean "U"!

"Z"....as in "Z" I knew that wuz the answer!!

I wud PM this to Wei Wei but he's probably in a Home by now!

Positively confidant in Idunno, Miraculous ed

11. eyes-open

Now me crazed Ed'enstein I know you've been working hard, but feel that you may have become a victim of a rare variation of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. This particular variation states that the slower the problem is seen to be resolved, the less likely it is you will successfully pretend to predict which direction the answer was travelling in....let alone what speed, from which station and with how many passengers.......
    Nevertheless I say don't spare the bandwidth.......... send your PM and sign it woefully Edit'Ed...... ya never know - there's almost certainly a bigger chance of Wei Wei knowing Wai_Wai than there is of us ever actually resolving this problem beyond the point at which we've arrived.......

eyes-open cracking up in Cricklewood http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif

12. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'm beginning to think that maybe the 'Doppler' effect might be the main cause whereby we seem to be having difficulty with the problem....

If you don't already know, the Doppler effect is the change in sound that occurs when an Equation passes you by at speed........

Equations etc., have been doing that to me most of my life and so I consider myself to be something of an expert.......

Just so I'm making myself clear here....Equations are people who ride horses, Right??......

Cochise,:cool: Sined out in Syracuse.......

13. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Oh Lordy....give me strength!!

Now I understand why the Colonists hired Inspector Colombo to organise the cruise on the HMS Hail Mary so they could attend the opening on Broadway of the "Lippizaners" w/2nd billing going to "The Four Equasions"! I think that was in1242 1637 uh..149?.....whenever!

Attempting to match wits w/da Brits is da pits!

Pitting fruit is fruitless, Pitiful ed

14. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Lets get this right Bag-end........it wasn't, and never will be Inspector Colombo who came to the rescue in this instance..........as any self respecting Brit knows it was Inspector Corner of the Yard who solved the equation by arresting 'Jack the Kipper' in 1881 as he tried to make his escape to the Americas on the 'Lucidmania'........which was subsequently and dastardly torpedoed by the Fiendish German Zeppelin UK 101.....

Cochise,:cool: Equating around the Equater...

15. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Shouldn't Detox be made aware of this? o_O

16. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Well, seeing that you have received Certifiability from the North Thoresby Hysterical Society, who am I to argue. Especially w/someone who is Certifiable!

However (much easier to type than "Be that as it may"), it should be noted that Hercule Poirot, the famous British Detective (even though he hailed from France ... err ...Belgium), was aboard the sinking vessel and before it went down for the 3rd time was able to rescue Inspector Japp from the clutches of the bar stool on the poop deck. They recently held a reunion for the 4 survivors so Little Organ Annie and Miss Marple joined them for Tea and Scones.

An yoo taut I didden no nuttin, :isay: ed

17. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Naaaah! This info is only given out on a "need to know" basis!

Asides...he's prolly down at the Local w/Bucky gettin stoned!

Letting sleeping Oxen lie, Shhhh ed

18. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Yup..but those space cowboys make all those quadratics equal zero to the power of "q" before they solve a problem. ;)

Attached Files:

19. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Oh fiddlesticks!!!.....Splash, crash, thump....mop, mop, mop!!

Anudder weiner an relishing the buns puns in Frankfurt, Hot Dog ed

20. Primrose

21. Primrose

Getting back to this thread..we just wanted all you math majors to know that some of the numbers posted by Wai_Wai were in error :ninja: ..and this being the reason his challenge has gone to 42 with a q.:ninja:

Mid bloomers always need the right skivvies.

Attached Files:

22. Primrose

This whole thread is against the TOS...you toss one..Eddie tosses one..next thing you know lawyers will be flipping coins and getting paid for it.:p

Attached Files:

23. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Toss this...Primer,

Eny time I get stumped....I go to my backup!!

Cribbing in Chronological Order, Whiz ed

Attached Files:

24. Primrose

I had heard she also taught you plumbing :cool: :D

Attached Files:

25. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Speaking of rolls!!

Roll out the barrel
    We've got a barrel of fun
    Rollout the barrel
    We've had the beans an the runs!!

Phddtt boom repeaters
    We're drinkin all of the cheer
    Nows the time to roll the barrel
    Cause the Buck stops here!!

Lost Jose Verdi tune, Eytie ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.